BreakRoom/Almost Anything Goes -  Not clay related at all (113 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 7) 
This is not clay related ... well it is a tiny bit LOL
Has anyone else here had their federal income tax refund delayed because they claimed the education credit? Apparently most people who filed before February 22 are in this bracket (I filed on the 20th - two flipping days!!).
If you did have it delayed, have you received your refund yet or at least gotten a date as to when it will be released?
I am so frustrated because no one at the IRS or H&R Block can give me an estimated date!!! I'm in a really bad financial bind and need this money or I wouldn't care so much! (once my bills and other important stuff are dealt with I will have money for clay stuff hehehe)
Thanks to anyone who may have any information.

Reply   Options 

To: artistMaria  (2 of 7) 
 70386.2 in reply to 70386.1 

I filed mine back in January even before the IRS was working on them. I had both refunds in my bank with in a few weeks. Surprised it was so darn quick. And I had H&R do mine.

Kari

To: klcrist  (3 of 7) 
 70386.3 in reply to 70386.2 
Did you claim the education credit? That seems to be the hold up with mine. H&R Block even sent me an email about it. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since I filed. I'm just so frustrated. My power is scheduled to be shut off next week and they are going to cut off my car insurance too! UGH!!!! Stupid IRS!

To: artistMaria  (4 of 7) 
 70386.4 in reply to 70386.3 

No I did not.

Kari

To: klcrist  (5 of 7) 
 70386.5 in reply to 70386.4 
That's why you got yours so quickly. Everyone I know that did not claim the education credit got theirs very quickly. Thanks for replying.

To: artistMaria  (6 of 7) 
 70386.6 in reply to 70386.5 

I didn't claim that credit, I filed online, and it's been a couple of months, no refund yet...

So maybe it's not just that detail...

Sherry Bailey

To: SherryBinNH  (7 of 7) 
 70386.7 in reply to 70386.6 
Oh no Sherry I'm so sorry you haven't gotten your refund yet! It was the credit ... both the IRS and H&R Block said it was. I just got my refund this Wednesday. I hope you get your soon!!!

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.