BreakRoom/Almost Anything Goes -  YES, I am still 'around'.... (632 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/1/13 11:49 PM 
To: All  (1 of 20) 
and NO...still not FULLY moved into my house...that I BOUGHT over a year ago.... have had lots more work to get done on it... recent stuff about to get worked on thanks to a county home improvement program!!!! 

And...when it's just ME doing pretty much everything that needs to be done...on a very small 'fixed' income...it takes even longer...esp as some days...I'm hurting too bad or just too danged TIRED!

I have NOT done any clay since my (former) guild's retreat in April?  I'm pretty much BURNED OUT with that group... for the 16 yrs I've been a (PAYING) member.... at least HALF has been full of problems due to certain people who like to have THEIR WAY ONLY and I'm tired of being one of the ONLY people to stand up and say something... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!   

SO...SADLY that 'groups' behavior has SOMETHING to do with my lack of claying...  as I have been doing SOME crocheting... at night...while watching TV at the ex's (yes, for now I'm STILL 'here'... not much longer...he is NOT HAPPY...but now with the home improvement program starting ASAP... I PRAY I am out and into MY HOUSE fully before WINTER!!!!!!!! ack!) my studio is HERE still...as is...my computer...the 7 cats (I took in my Gram's when she passed away last November...)  my bed and too much OTHER stuff... 

although my 'creativity' has been put into other areas of my house and yard... I have almost ALL rooms painted (still working on the kitchen... drawers/doors) did ALL the landscaping (2 loads of topsoil... 20 yrds total! <G>)  and presently working on building shelving in my garage...to hold all my craft 'collections' that will NOT fit in my wee basement...once IT is finally done (repairs to IT...and "I" have to tear down the horrid UNINSULATED walls a previous owner DID WRONG! and insulate and build PROPERLY... including vapor barrier....when I find the money that is......grrrrrr) 

I think of ya'll here often...  feel SAD that I don't FEEL like CLAYING... as this group of people had been 'there' for me through a LOT of really ROUGH TIMES...  some days I really MISS claying... mostly I MISS that I miss claying... I'm on Facebook...it's just NOT the same though... and so many NEW people here...  and sadly losing some great people here and in the clay community. 

I hope that once I get my studio moved over to MY HOUSE... the bitter taste from that certain group will have worn off so that I WILL CLAY AGAIN!  heck...I started 17 yrs ago!!!!! and I was GOOD (although feel like a newbie with all the great talent out there today!!!!!!) plus all the 'changes' to OUR CLAY! (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)  (which do NOT help any!!!)    meanwhile...I'm keeping busy...on my house... sad about that 'group'... after 16 YRS I made it a point to NOT renew membership...nor go to the first meeting of the year...which I NEVER MISS! (and rarely missed a meeting...HECK...it was a thing to get me out of the house... EVEN get me out of doing WORK at MY HOUSE... a nice break...once upon a time...) no more... too 'stressful' and judgmental...unfriendly... so NOT the 'clay' community that I once knew...  was hard to throw in the 'towel'...so many YEARS I put myself into that group.... 

and...no one has BOTHERED to ask...where were you? how come you missed the meeting?  16 YEARS! 

anyhow.... I'm NOT giving up 'claying'... not for good... I loved it too much to do that...  like I mentioned...I've been doing some crochet (learning new stuff... for the first time ever in 40 yrs since I first learned! LOL) but it's not CLAY...and it tends to bother my carpal tunnel (esp while doing all the work on the house...)  

Miss you all! and think of this group often.... 

Kim
K. C. Redcat

Reply   Options 

From: Leigh (SINCERELEIGH) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/8/13 3:20 PM 
To: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 20) 
 70672.2 in reply to 70672.1 

We miss you, But its a shame how one or two tomatos can rot a whole basketful<G> There are some special ladies there, but since my travel companion passed away, theres no way to get me in a plane any more.

I do expect down the line to see things you made crocheted with clay that will be fun!!!!

Hugs

SincereLEIGH,
meigh

My Personal Website -        www. SincereLeigh.com

From: Donna (DonnaHIngram) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/8/13 6:14 PM 
To: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 20) 
 70672.3 in reply to 70672.2 
I can't wait until you finally get to move in your house girl. You have worked yourself in doing everything.  You so deserve to be in it ASAP. Hugs

From: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/9/13 1:29 AM 
To: Leigh (SINCERELEIGH) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 20) 
 70672.4 in reply to 70672.2 
Thanks Leigh! yeah... have been thinking of Kat lately... miss her too! 

yeah...rotten tomatoes for sure... and sadly too many others obviously don't really CARE...cause they 'don't like conflict'...  yeah, well, that leads to dictatorship... and it's sad...cause the clay community is such a helpful and friendly one....USUALLY! 

OH WELL, their loss... just makes me sad after 16 YEARS no one has even bothered to ask 'where are you?' most likely they ASSume I'm too busy working on my house or something else... which is the furthest thing from WHY I'm done...  

well, don't know about crocheting WITH clay... when they changed the formulas around 2006? they screwed THAT UP....  but I'm sure I'll be making stuff I can use WITH my crochet... which after 40 years I'm still learning! LOL  I do miss claying.

getting my house DONE and moving my stuff out of the ex's is TOP PRIORITY as he's been a real bastard tonight towards me... cannot make the contractors move any faster... when it's a government program... I have to accept that it takes as long as it takes...and I'm not 'well off' like HE is... I will be SO HAPPY to finally get the HELL away from HIM!  yeah, I really LOVE paying for a house for OVER A YEAR that I'm not actually LIVING IN! grrrrrrrr

((((((((HUGS))))))))

Kim

From: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/9/13 1:32 AM 
To: Donna (DonnaHIngram) DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (5 of 20) 
 70672.5 in reply to 70672.3 
Thanks Donna!  yeah...I know...I'm very proud of myself for all that I HAVE DONE! and with limited funds, and physical restraints etc...  I've learned creative ways to get things done... of course also have bruises to prove it too! LOL  grateful that I DO have the opportunity to BE a home owner!

Looking forward to the day when I can tell everyone I AM TOTALLY IN MY HOUSE!!!! cats, clay and EVERYTHING! <G>

Kim

From: Leigh (SINCERELEIGH) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/9/13 9:10 AM 
To: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 20) 
 70672.6 in reply to 70672.4 
You mean marie can't do her crochet and knitting with clay any more????  That's a damn shame. Are you sure that when the house is finished your ex can't get it bact from you?
SincereLEIGH,
meigh

From: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/9/13 2:54 PM 
To: Leigh (SINCERELEIGH) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 20) 
 70672.7 in reply to 70672.6 
HE had nothing to do with ME buying MY HOUSE...other than he gifted me with some money last year to help. 

NOT A DAMNED THING he can do...other than throw out all my stuff that I still need to keep here...until the basement repairs are completed...and I am able to move it (ALL BY MYSELF...as usual!) to my house...  I've done a LOT LOT LOT already... more than I should at times... but IT IS MY HOUSE.   

I doubt he would throw the cats out either.  he isn't THAT heartless...he just doesn't care about ME...  and I'd have LOVED if I didn't have to deal with all the CRAP I've had to since I bought the house over a year ago...  he's clueless, period! must be nice to have money and be able to pay for any and everything YOU want... anytime... and not have to deal with physical limitations either.

OH WELL, just another reminder WHY it did NOT work out between us.  Stupid alcoholism. 

Kim

From: Leigh (SINCERELEIGH) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/10/13 9:47 AM 
To: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 20) 
 70672.8 in reply to 70672.7 
That makes me feel better, after all the work you've done, a by yourself, it's gonna be super wsuper when its done, did you take before photoS. so you can take after photos to ahow all the accomplishment. Be Proud of yourself!!!!
SincereLEIGH,
meigh

From: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/10/13 1:05 PM 
To: Leigh (SINCERELEIGH) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 20) 
 70672.9 in reply to 70672.8 
Thanks Leigh! yeah...I'm amazed at all that I have done already!  I do have a wee bit of help now and then...my 'handsome best friend'... we've been friends almost 5 years now...he's helped me move umpteenth times and still is around! LOL 

I have LOTS of pics... some of them are up in my Facebook albums... have lots and LOTS more that I have yet to go through.  Got myself a really nice camera right after the first of the year and try to take as many pics of what I've done...and so forth... plus all my flowers that I've put in also (beds all brand new this year too...and raised veggie garden beds, two this year... have enough concrete blocks for two more, but need more soil...ran out of $...) 

so much yet to do... like finishing the basement PROPERLY... reminds me...should take pics of the crappy job the previous owners did down there...it 'looked' ok...but was ALL WRONG and pointless (didn't install the moisture barrier correctly, no insulation etc...)

need to win the lottery! LOL but don't want to waste a penny on tickets! LOL

Kim

From: Leigh (SINCERELEIGH) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/11/13 10:18 AM 
To: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 20) 
 70672.10 in reply to 70672.9 

LOL I know what you mean, you don't want to waste a dollar on a ticket cause the chances of winning are so ridiculous.

After 38 years or marriage we are taking our first splurge, we are going on the Clay Cruise next week, I an so excited I can't believe its really happening, we leave in less than a week and we are going crazy. All I can say is hang in there good things do happen.

SincereLEIGH,
meigh

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.