Techniques/Lessons/Projects -  Coated electrical wire and polymer clay (241 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 2) 

Hi All!

i am in the process or creating new Christmas ornaments for 2014.  I would like to make posable ornaments by using coated electrical wire for the arms and legs.  Can this type of wire be baked with the piece or will I have to make holes for the wire to be glued in after baking the pieces.  I thank you for any help that you can give me.  ~~~~Nancy

Reply   Options 

To: nancyj50  (2 of 2) 
 70791.2 in reply to 70791.1 

Well my answer is kind of late but here goes. Yes you can use the covered electric wire . Some plastic might shrink though. You can also use covered paper clips. Some will wrinkle and shrink some might just shrink . Trial and error kind of thing.

I use the coloured and striped ones  for little characters I make for a reading suitcase I use for reading books in classrooms.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.