Polymer Clay Talk -  Glue for Polymer (231 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 

I would like to make a Journal/Sketch book cover. What glue or adhesive will work. Also, after it is attached, should I put it into the oven to seal it, permanently. I was thinking of using a hard cover journal book.

Any help is greatly appreciated....Also would like to thank everyone for their input about selling online...thanks Catbead...

Reply   Options 

To: CatBead  (2 of 4) 
 70872.2 in reply to 70872.1 

Hi Catbead,

I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions, but I have found The Ultimate Glue by Beacon to be an excellent glue for polymer to paper and polymer to lots of other surfaces as well.  Please direct me to your discussion about selling online.  Thanks Pat :c)

To: All  (3 of 4) 
 70872.3 in reply to 70872.2 

It was in February & I could not find it on the list...

To: CatBead unread  (4 of 4) 
 70872.4 in reply to 70872.1 

I'm in the same boat, experimenting with securing clay to other items.

Here is a trick I learned/figured out. Glue is not enough, try to have another means of securing your work.

If possible see if you can drill a hole in the journal cover and run a thin string or wire through the clay and cover to tie them together. 

Hope this helps

Leah

My Website Sculpt-n-blog Join my Newsletter

Follow Me On:Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.