Polymer Clay Talk -  New Souffle Clay (558 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: gingersblue  (10 of 11) 
 70901.10 in reply to 70901.5 

I agree with these folks. The finish is exactly like Studio by Sculpey and soft too. As for stickiness, that is the difference.

For me, Souffle is too mushy to make small figures or to do any cane work. I prefer a firmer clay for both things but perhaps using it as a base for a sculpture would work. I often use Sculpey and my leftovers of Studio Sculpey for bases.

Reply   Options 

From: Stephen (SDROSS) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/30/14 7:43 PM 
To: All  (11 of 11) 
 70901.11 in reply to 70901.10 

I moved this post from Trina into this discussion (if you add to it, please reply to Trina). Some really good information...

To:  All   (1 of 2) 

syndee holt visited our guild last week with the new clay and TOOLS. Iris sent me a big box for us to use at the Orange County Fair this year and syndee got us all primed to share.

Yes, it is a bit like Studio, but so much more. The colors are great and coordinate well. It canes, takes impressions, doesn't show finger prints and is absolutely fabulous for Mokume Gane with no

distortion or drag when slicing. The tools include new graduated cutters, a bead roller, and hollow (or lentil) bead shaper that will make you toss all those quirky little palette trays you have been using.

The silk screen kit is designed to use with the hollow beads so all the templates fit the different sizes. syndee told us to buy two of the hollow bead forms so you can do fronts and backs at the same time.

Lots of info on the Sculpey site. The Joann stores carry most of the line and I was told that Munro Crafts stock them too.

Trina

Reply   Options 

• Edited May 30, 2014 7:46 pm  by  Stephen (SDROSS)

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-9 10-11
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.