TIPS, TRICKS and TIDBITS -  Should you seal polymer clay? (299 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 

I wrote a comprehensive article that talks about sealers for polymer clay. Which ones are good, which ones are bad, and if you even need one in the first place. I thought it might be of interest to some of you.

http://thebluebottletree.com/seal-polymer-clay/

Thanks!

Ginger Davis Allman

Reply   Options 

To: gingersblue  (2 of 4) 
 70950.2 in reply to 70950.1 

Very informative!  Thank you!

To: gingersblue  (3 of 4) 
 70950.3 in reply to 70950.1 

Ginger, have you tried General Finishes High Performance gloss polyurethane, available at Woodcraft stores?  (Probably elsewhere, too, but this is where I get it in Ohio.  It's not at any of the big box stores.)  I got it after a review of polyurethanes appeared in my hubby's Fine Woodworking magazine.  Prepare to have someone standing by to catch you when you check the price, about $18 per pint, but worth every penny.  It's completely self-leveling and gives a flawless surface, and gives run-free dip coating.  Check it out if you haven't tried it; I've been using it for a couple years and just love it - Beth Curran

To: bethcurran  (4 of 4) 
 70950.4 in reply to 70950.3 

No, I haven't Beth. I imagine it's wonderful stuff. I'll keep an eye out for it. We do have some nice hardwood stores here and they might have it. For now I have enough Varathane to cover half my house, but I'm always open to learning about good products. Thanks!

Ginger

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.