Polymer Clay Talk -  Latex Milk for moulds (367 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 5) 

Hi all:      I've just downloaded a pdf file from Fimo (Staedtlers) for making beach glass with Liquid PC and they advise using Latex Milk as a release agent.  Has anyone ever used Latex Milk?  The only websites I can find that sell it are in Europe.  Is latex milk basically the same as latex rubber?  Wonder if I could use powder as a release agent instead.  Anyone ever made moulds with Fimo Liquid PC?  Would appreciae any suggestions.

Thanks,

Pat

Reply   Options 

To: Pat (TRICIART)  (2 of 5) 
 70993.2 in reply to 70993.1 
I read that tutorial. Their moldmaking process seemed unbearably complex. Just buy some miracle mold (2-part molding compound) and use it instead. It will work MUCH better, much more easily.

To: gilladian  (3 of 5) 
 70993.3 in reply to 70993.2 

Thanks for your suggestion.  I think the reason their instructions are complex is because I would be trying to pour liquid PC into the mold and then it has to be baked right in the mold.  Can I do the same thing with miracle mould, i.e. bake the liquid in the mould?  I'll google miracle mold and see what that's about.  Thanks again.

Pat

To: Pat (TRICIART)  (4 of 5) 
 70993.4 in reply to 70993.3 
Yes, you can. I've done it. You can also bake liquid clay in Penni-Jo's molds from bestflexiblemolds.com if you prefer ready-made molds. She has a lot of great molds, though maybe not one specifically right for beach glass.

To: gilladian  (5 of 5) 
 70993.5 in reply to 70993.4 

Thanks again.  That's great to know.  I'll try Penni-Jo's now.

Pat

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.