Polymer Clay Talk -  Clay for aromatherapy pendants (235 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 

Does anyone happen to know what clay is used to make the aromatherapy pendants? Clay pendants which an essential oil is placed. Looks like they are using an air dry but an oven baked clay seems like it would be better.

Reply   Options 

To: Shanthidevi unread  (2 of 4) 
 71006.2 in reply to 71006.1 

I would like to know this too!  Hopefully someone chimes in to let us know.  Thanks for posting this!

From: StarGazer (STARGAZERCA) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/25/14 3:43 PM 
To: Shanthidevi  (3 of 4) 
 71006.3 in reply to 71006.1 

you might need to experiment...

my concern would be that the clay may absorb the oil over time as it is porous after baking, and if the clay wasn't fully baked, it would disintegrate after becoming infused with the oil.

I would probably find a little glass bottle, cover the bottle in clay, put some cotton in the bottle and drop the essential oil in the bottle with the cotton...  that would protect the clay from coming in direct contact with the oil.

just my thoughts...

- providing FREE weekly Polymer Clay Chats & Demos for over 12 Years! 
My Photo Site

To: StarGazer (STARGAZERCA) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 4) 
 71006.4 in reply to 71006.3 

Cute idea!  I am only working with making flat little disks out of air dry clay though and have not even gotten that perfected....lol.... I have seen these on etsy and my research has only show air dry. I think a baked clay should be better though. I have a few that were baked (not by me) and they are a very fine, smooth white clay. they do very, very well but have no idea what the clay is. Meanwhile it is the teracotta air dry. Intersting they say only use EO oils on them and not regular fragrance oils. Must have something to do with what you said. Thanks so much for your input, very kind of you.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.