Polymer Clay Talk -  Bright matte colors (668 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Klgroendyke unread  (8 of 8) 
 71160.8 in reply to 71160.4 

Anita's probably right, but I'm wondering if those spots and edges weren't created with a bit of acrylic paint - spatter for the dots and painted edges. Then we're just looking at the natural clay, finished to the level she chooses. I don't think anyone knows what she does, but her's a tutorial from someone who has come close: http://patamosaic.canalblog.com/archives/2015/04/15/31893743.html  The gist is that she used pastels over raw black clay and then some alcohol on top. I use pastels to good effect over white; I've never tried over black - now I'm going to. The alcohol must be for blending. I've never tried that either.

I really wonder, looking at her necklaces, if these pieces can be as thin as they look, or if they're build on top of copper. I can't believe those jump rings wouldn't tear right through.

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-7 8
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.