Polymer Clay Talk -  Where is everybody these days? (2442 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: 7Jackie DelphiPlus Member Icon  (19 of 50) 
 71186.19 in reply to 71186.18 

Yes Jax,

Fun indeed. Now I can test my ideas very quickly, modify design, test again. It is a most wonderful tool. I am blessed.

Reply   Options 

To: SherryBinNH unread  (20 of 50) 
 71186.20 in reply to 71186.1 

You're right, SherryBin! I was poking around because I was posting something about the condition-kayo-by-truck method (who did that? It's my favorite clay story) and was shocked by the lack of activity. I had drifted away because I do, periodically. I'm still fundamentally a hobbyist, despite a couple of sales (woo-hoo!), and I lose energy for it periodically. I even stopped teaching. Gearing up now, though.

To: mkirkwag1  (21 of 50) 
 71186.21 in reply to 71186.20 

It was me who tried to flatten Kato clay using my 1989 Suburban, LOL, and it was a complete failure. It helped me realize why our vehicles ride so well - I ran the truck over clay that was between two boards, back and forth, back and forth. You could see the tire give each time the lump of clay was beneath it. Very interesting.

The other way I'd had to deal with it was hammering it flat before putting it through my pasta machine. But a neck injury finally called a halt to that!

Then, thankfully, Kato re-did their formula and now I buy their clay that has a number that starts with "M" or later, and it's soft enough to condition straight through both my Atlas pasta machine and my Dream machine. I love Kato clay!!!

Jackie

To: 7Jackie DelphiPlus Member Icon  (22 of 50) 
 71186.22 in reply to 71186.21 

Aha! I didn't remember it being you. That was one of the funniest things ever.

To: 7Jackie DelphiPlus Member Icon  (23 of 50) 
 71186.23 in reply to 71186.21 

Lol about the flattening your clay with your car!

To: SherryBinNH unread  (24 of 50) 
 71186.24 in reply to 71186.1 

Hi Sherry,

I'm a lurker.  (Talk about showing your age.  Do they still call us that?  Those of us who read the forums constantly but never post anything??)  Well, that me.  Even though I don't post anything, I love this forum.  I personally don't like Facebook and I am not on all the other things.  This type of communication has always suited me best.  I love looking at all the projects and reading the questions.  Gosh.  I suppose if there are a bunch of us lurking then we are part of the problem.  I do apologize for that.  Honestly, I don't think of myself as being talented enough to join in on many conversations.  So many of you know so much more. 

I miss the swaps.  I did several and I seem to recall that things got messy and they went by the wayside but I loved participating and sharing with folks that I will most likely never meet. (Although I did meet Mona Kissel a few months back in her home studio!!  Yeah!!)  Swapping was worth the risk of sending your artwork out and never getting anything back.  Some of the canes that I got from fellow caners are still adorning my pendants and such.

So yes, for those of us who lurk, we want you all to start posting and talking again.  We really enjoy it. :-)

Donna H, now from West Virginia!!

To: ravyndancr  (25 of 50) 
 71186.25 in reply to 71186.24 

Hi Donna and welcome out of lurkdom. I am also not a fan of Facebook/social media and miss the community we used to have here.

Nice to read your post know you are here!

Anita in AZ

http://www.etsy.com/shop/melodyodesigns/

http://www.melobeau.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/anitalbrandon/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melobeau/

http://www.facebook.com/MelodyODesigns/

To: ravyndancr  (26 of 50) 
 71186.26 in reply to 71186.24 
Lol lurker here as well, in fact I didn't even have a sign in name or anything just a bookmark and I'd browse as a guest. I'm finally out here now!

To: SherryBinNH unread  (27 of 50) 
 71186.27 in reply to 71186.1 

I don't think anyone has really 'gone' anywhere.  I've been in polyclay for 40 years, and I suspect that, after the initial buzz from all the new materials hitting the market a few years ago, people just learning their way around the material want to talk to other folks who are learning.  But, after the rush, folks just sort of begin learning on their own, and don't need forums like this any longer.  I've never bothered visited one, before--and my work got me into a very important art school.  I'm only here today because I wanted to save Delphi to my computer!

To: Khatattack unread  (28 of 50) 
 71186.28 in reply to 71186.26 

Navigate this discussion: 1-8 9-18 19-28 29-38 39-48 49-50
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.