Questions/POLLS/Mentors Topic -  Glaze to use for chameleon pens (328 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 5) 

Hello,

I've just got myself some chameleon pens and used them on cured polymer clay. Love the results!

Can anyone please recommend the best glaze to use to seal the inks? I have Sculpey Satin Glaze and Diamond Flecto Varathane Varnish Gloss. Would any of these two work?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers!

Reply   Options 

To: gypsyzam  (2 of 5) 
 71204.2 in reply to 71204.1 

Hi

I have used Sculpey Glaze for Christmas tree ornaments.  Most of the reviews I have read are not favorable for the Sculpey Glaze.  I can not say that I have had a problem with it for what I use it for.   I am not sure how it would do with something that is touched often. 

To: mst01  (3 of 5) 
 71204.3 in reply to 71204.2 

Thanks for your input mst01. I've decided to test both on a couple of pieces (the ones that didn't turn out as planned haha) and I agree with you. While the Sculpey Glaze didn't smear the colors, I much prefer Varathane. Since Sculpey is thicker than Varathane I kept thinking that it was going to smear the colors. Thankfully it didn't.

To: gypsyzam  (4 of 5) 
 71204.4 in reply to 71204.1 

I'm going to have to find out what chameleon pens are, sound neat.

I think the Varathane is your best bet of those choices. We'd love to see the results!

Jackie

To: gypsyzam  (5 of 5) 
 71204.5 in reply to 71204.1 

I just loooove General Finishes High Performance water-based polyurethane, available at Woodcraft stores, at least in Ohio.  It's expensive but is perfectly self-leveling. Brush strokes just melt away.  If you can find it, it's well worth the price - Beth Curran

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.