---- SHOW N TELL---- -  TAW-March 3, 2016 (693 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/3/16 8:50 AM 
To: All  (1 of 33) 

First ever Thing-A-Week thread! Isn't that neat. I hope a lot of you will join us and share your work on  a weekly basis. Absolutely NOT mandatory to post every week, but a challenge is good for the creative spirit. Friendly critique, good advice, WOWs, ooohs and awwws are good for the soul, so please comment on the posted artwork, even if you don't have something to show for this week.
I hope to see a lot of activity here every Thursday - so spread the word, please.

RULES:

• It must be about polymer clay.
  • Your "SHOW N TELL" doesn't have to be a finished piece - it can be a work in progress or preparations for a project.
  • TAW day is Thursday, but nobody will ban you for posting a day or two later.
  • Your photos can be uploaded directly into your post or you can post a link to your online photo album, blog or website.
  • No linking to sales venues like webshops, Etsy or eBay please. Posts with a "price tag" will be deleted!
  • Please keep your posts for TAW within the designated thread for the current week by replying to the first post in said thread. For comments, please reply to the post you want to comment on.

I will try my very best to remember to post the starting thread every week. If I forget, please don't let that hold you back - just start a TAW thread and post away.

Thanks in advance for making this challenge a happy meeting place in the weeks to come.

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

Reply   Options 

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 33) 
 71267.2 in reply to 71267.1 

Ok...I'll go first! I've been making tiny beads from my scrap bag clay. Covered them in pretty mica powders for glitz. The plan is to use them for a crocheted bracelet...and they are strung and ready to go. I can see that these aren't nearly enough so I will be rolling more today. My humble offering...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126108624@N06/24849785573/in/dateposted-public/

Susan

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/3/16 6:10 PM 
To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 33) 
 71267.3 in reply to 71267.2 

Nothing humble about pretty beads! I really love the shine you get from the mica powders and you picked some gorgeous colors.

I've macramé knotted and kumihimo knotted and nancy knitted bracelet - never tried crocheting one. Can't wait to see what that'll look like.

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/3/16 6:16 PM 
To: All  (4 of 33) 
 71267.4 in reply to 71267.1 

For this first TAW I did some more work on three of my eyeglass holder pins (they still need final edging and sanding) - and I made buttons from the sheet scraps.

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 33) 
 71267.5 in reply to 71267.3 

I've tried 3 patterns today and haven't found one I'm happy with ...yet. I shall persevere on though! I saw one in a little shop at the beach years ago and have wanted one ever since. It was made from coral beads. Wasn't about to spend that much on it when I knew I could do it myself. As much as I've thought of it I should have bought it!

Susan

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 33) 
 71267.6 in reply to 71267.4 

Looking good! I found a little "tool" online for button holes. It was 3 toothpicks laid side by side...the middle one pulled up to be out of the way...and just taped to hold them together. I'm going to make one and see how it works.

To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 33) 
 71267.7 in reply to 71267.2 

Pretty little beads that will go with lots of things.... perfect for a crocheted bracelet! Do you use crochet thread or wire? 

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 33) 
 71267.8 in reply to 71267.4 

I sure could have used one of those today, misplaced my glasses, finally found them in the downstairs linen closet.  Took them off when I was folding towels. I must make myself one... or more, although I think I will make pendants.  I do love the red with the green leaves and small white flowers.... 

I'm loving TAW!! 

To: All  (9 of 33) 
 71267.9 in reply to 71267.1 

I've been playing with scrap clay again....and my tracing wheel.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/auntgriz/25463438866/in/dateposted-public/

Thanks for looking,

Beej

To: All  (10 of 33) 
 71267.10 in reply to 71267.1 

Hi! I'm so sorry I fell away - I got sick, then hubby got sick, and now I'm dealing with other health issues, bummer. Could use any and all prayers, if you are so inclined. :)

Today I have these canes... I made them from the other half of the extra long strip that I shared a couple of weeks ago.

I can't wait to see the rest of the thread! But wanted to get mine into in pronto.

Jackie

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thepleasantpheasant/25490277595/in/dateposted-public/

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-33
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.