Techniques/Lessons/Projects -  what kind ink for stamping on clay? (246 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Jo8fromNH  (3 of 5) 
 71291.3 in reply to 71291.1 

I love stamping on polymer clay with Staz-On inks, because they "staz-on"!

Here is a link to a switch cover that I did - https://www.flickr.com/photos/thepleasantpheasant/16505910171/in/dateposted-public/. There are a few other switch covers near that one on my Flickr that use the same techniques. You can use a lot of things to stamp on clay - for white on dark, I would try some white Pinata alcohol ink - although practice would be the thing before trying it on a final piece, since it would be messy. Also, the color of the ink would probably stay on the stamp pad, although it wouldn't probably come off in future stamping sessions. To be sure of that, spray the stamp with rubbing alcohol (or just wet a rag with alcohol) and make sure no color is coming off on the rag.

You can also shred chalk on to clay and rub it in (from experience -stick with one light color, then add a few streaks of some other chalk color. Too many will turn to mud color.) Once you bake it, it's permanent.

In fact, that is chalk under the stamps on the light switch cover link. :)

I hope this helps! Most important - have fun!!

Jackie

Reply   Options 

To: 7Jackie DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 5) 
 71291.4 in reply to 71291.3 

"staz-on" thank you Jackie I'll remember that name. I have seen it before in assorted tutorials bit not clay. Love your light switches, canes, pens and omg that fat fish is adorable

To: Jo8fromNH  (5 of 5) 
 71291.5 in reply to 71291.4 

Thanks so much, Jo! I'm glad you mentioned the fat fish, I love that one also! It caused me to go back and look through my Flickr photos because at first I wasn't sure what fat fish you meant, man, that was a trip down memory lane!

:)

Jackie

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-2 3-5
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.