Techniques/Lessons/Projects -  Realistic Opal and Wood Box (313 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 

Hi!! Here is another tutorial for a realistic opal and wood box using a mint tin, polymer clay, iridescent micro glitter/flakes and water color paints. If you would prefer to watch the step by step video you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM-fm8TSkPw

#1 Add iridescent glitter flakes and/or micro glitter to translucent polymer clay.

#2 from that clay subtract a small chunk and divide into 4 smaller pieces.

#3 Add a tiny hint of water color paint to each. I used a blue, purple, green and red (pink) and mix paints into clay.

#4 flatten those pieces into another small chunk of polymer clay and flatten out, then fold over 1 time and flatten again.

#5  Cover with remaining clay and flatten out large enough to cover the top of tin.

#6 Add a small amount of liquid clay to the top of tin, then press your clay on top of tin.

#7 Pre-bake in oven for 5 min at temp specified on your polymer clay package.

#8 Make faux wood layer by rolling out 4 different shades of brown into logs. Enough clay to cover the bottom of tin. You can color white clay with water color paint as I did or use pre-colored clay.

#9 Press together the logs and flatten.

#10 Cut, flip, flatten until an interesting pattern is achieved, then scratch up surface with a fork.

#11 Add another small amount of liquid clay to bottom of tin and press on clay.

#12 add additional detail with a sculpting tool or safety pin.

#13 Fully bake according to instructions on your polymer clay package.

#13 (optional) I cut a small piece of cardboard and glued on fabric to use for bottom.

Done! :)

Attachments

Reply   Options 

To: Chelsea Mastin (ChelseaMasti)  (2 of 4) 
 71295.2 in reply to 71295.1 

To: Melody01  (3 of 4) 
 71295.3 in reply to 71295.2 

Thanks you!! Sure thing!! ;) <3

To: Chelsea Mastin (ChelseaMasti) unread  (4 of 4) 
 71295.4 in reply to 71295.1 

Fun! Messy projects are the best. :)

Jackie

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.