---- SHOW N TELL---- -  TAW - June 9, 2016 (201 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host6/8/16 11:54 PM 
To: All  (1 of 14) 

Another week has gone by and it's time for TAW.

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

Reply   Options 

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 14) 
 71305.2 in reply to 71305.1 
I havent forgotten...my project is just taking longer than expected to finish! Be back in a bit! Hope you are having a good day :) or night? Time zones... :-/

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host6/9/16 8:30 PM 
To: All  (3 of 14) 
 71305.3 in reply to 71305.1 

Here are the finished necklaces with the balloon dogs. They've made up a corral for a blue translucent dog, a fluorescent red dog and a translucent pony not yet baked.
What have y'all been up to?

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host6/9/16 8:37 PM 
To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 14) 
 71305.4 in reply to 71305.2 

Day was good - night is good, too. (2.30 am in this time zone). Will go empty the dishwasher and then brush my teeth and head to bed. See you later. Nite!

I know about that kind of project - they tend to come along when you don't have time to wait!

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

To: All  (5 of 14) 
 71305.5 in reply to 71305.1 

Here's my project for the week. A vase made with premo opal (not crazy about it but it does sparkle nicely) and pearl green leaves and vines. I baked the opal base so I could sand it smooth...that stuff is soft and lumpy. But then the leaves and vines didn't adhere very well so I thought I'd use some liquid clay to make it all stick. It was rather old and it came out of the oven sticky :( so in it went for another 30 minutes. Still sticky...we have a problem, Houston. Next try was to dump the entire bottle of liquid clay into a jar to stir it thoroughly...it was settled and thick in the bottom. Painted on a new layer and baked again. Its better but now it looks all drippy. <sad face> So...many things learned on this one. And it may end in the trash if I don't start loving it soon. But I will share it anyway.

Without further ado...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126108624@N06/27472537332/in/dateposted-public/

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 14) 
 71305.6 in reply to 71305.3 

They turned out so cute! And I'm loving the pony!

Since you asked...I have been working on my craft room! I sorted like things together and put them in see through containers with...yes, the crowd cheers...labels on all of them! Big easy to see labels so I can actually find things :) It's not completely finished but I am so pleased with it thus far. 10 ft of shelving 6 ft tall and completely full. Productive day yesterday for sure. And hubby, both daughters and the baby are all improving greatly. Phew...I can finally breathe easy again.

How has your week been?

Susan

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host6/10/16 6:19 AM 
To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 14) 
 71305.7 in reply to 71305.5 

It's a nice vase, though. Sometimes you don't like a piece, simply because of all the fuss and difficulties you encountered when making it so don't give up on it just yet. Maybe adding some flowers or grapes to the vines - a bit of color could help your love along?

Odd about the liquid clay - I've only have something like that settling happen with the Kato colored trans medium, which was explained by the color pigments sinking to the bottom. As a matter of fact I have a little container of old thickened TLS that is absolutely marvelous as a glue. Nothing runny about that one! Which brand of liquid clay did you use?

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host6/10/16 7:42 AM 
To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 14) 
 71305.8 in reply to 71305.6 

Thanks, Susan - I like them, too. Now to find some customers who can't live without one!

Your craft room project sounds like a great one. Nothing beats an organized work space (says she, who has the most cluttered craft room ever seen)! I don't know how many times I promised myself to get stuff organized and actually started to do just that - only to find some unfinished project in the clutter and moving on to finish said project. Oh, I DO have stuff organized on shelves, in boxes and drawers. Stuff in it's designated place and easy to find - trouble is, that once found and partly used the leftovers can't seem to find it's way back to it's designated place. Never ending story! Been that way for at lest 55 of my 60 years so it will probably not change anytime soon.

Last week I spent time (and a small fortune) ordering stuff to further clutter my craft room so this week has been about receiving and picking up and waiting by the mailbox. Still a couple packages short, so they are probably in a pile at customs, meaning import tax and fees being added. YIKES!!! Well, the package from Munro's was ordered on 50% off Tuesday so the deal was sweet anyhow! I also pre-ordered and pre-paid the Lucy Clay Machine (to be delivered in July/August) and received the bonus gift - a Lucy Slicer - yesterday. If you are not familiar with Lucy Clay Tools, here's a link to the USA shop: http://www.lucyclaystore.com/usa/

I'm happy to hear about your family's improved health and hoping for even better health for all. 

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 14) 
 71305.9 in reply to 71305.7 
It was Kato. Funny, i tried a sample spread on paper...it was fine. The vase seems less less sticky today so i put it on a shelf where it can just prove its worth, lol. You are right about possibly adding "something " but for today it will rest....and me too :)

To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 14) 
 71305.10 in reply to 71305.2 

Basically, most of the year, Eva is 8 hours ahead of us. :) I had to learn that for the Discussions from the Claypen chat.

Jackie

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-14
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.