---- SHOW N TELL---- -  TAW-July 28, 2016 (365 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/28/16 5:18 AM 
To: All  (1 of 13) 

It's that time again! Go ahead and post your pretties, please.

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

Reply   Options 

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/28/16 9:32 PM 
To: All  (2 of 13) 
 71327.2 in reply to 71327.1 

Today was all set! Weatherman said rain was on it's way so what could be better than spend time in the studio, eh?

Well, 1) Weatherman got it wrong, day was sunny and warm, and 2) DD and oldest  GS  came to visit, so the day was spent doing garden work. Here's proof: First DD battling the last bit of a 70' long 6' tall hedge (a couple feet was shaved off of both sides and top!) and a bunch of big black garbage sacks filled with disposable greenery. Photo of GS Micas mowing the lawn was out of focus so you'll have to take my word for it and nobody took pictures of me with my youknowwhat in the air (thankfully), weeding and filling the sacks . What did you make this week?

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 13) 
 71327.3 in reply to 71327.2 

My day was busy like that too...no photographic evidence though. Ive been scrambling to make something to share but...its not going to happen :( My only day off this week and family drama took precedent, sadly. Perhaps Monday will be better. 

Did you know if you sand a "lizard tail" mirror image too much the image disappears? Yeah, that happened lol. 

Susan

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 13) 
 71327.4 in reply to 71327.1 

i'm working on making a bunch of flower canes to make a garden pen for my DIL and to make tiles for the cane I posted last week. I took some pictures of my brother's roses and photoshopped them into a template. So - this incompleted cane is what's on my worksurface at the moment. --sunni, Whidbey island, wa, usa

Attachments

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/29/16 5:30 PM 
To: sunni (sunnisan)  (5 of 13) 
 71327.5 in reply to 71327.4 

What a beautiful rose - and your interpretation is looking great. I hope you'll show the finished cane(s) and the pen, too. It will be a thrill for your DIL to get a pen with such gorgeous roses on it.

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/29/16 5:49 PM 
To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 13) 
 71327.6 in reply to 71327.3 

I think we all know about that kind of weeks - in one form or another. Good thing there's always a better Monday coming.

I learned about sanding mirror images sparingly when finding Elissa Powell's Elissaheart tutorial on PC-Polyzine: http://www.pcpolyzine.com/february2001/eheart.html
I also vaguely remember having read about mirror images that "the beauty is only skin deep"! Maybe Julie Picarello herself wrote that about sanding lizard tails. Sorry you had to learn the hard way.

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

• Edited July 29, 2016 5:50 pm  by  Eva (mejsel)

To: sunni (sunnisan)  (7 of 13) 
 71327.7 in reply to 71327.4 

Wow...gorgeous rose! A template is a good idea. Ive never (yet) gotten that serious about a cane. Id love to see it used on the pen. 

Susan

To: sunni (sunnisan)  (8 of 13) 
 71327.8 in reply to 71327.4 

To: sunni (sunnisan)  (9 of 13) 
 71327.9 in reply to 71327.4 

That I quite an impressive undertaking!

Looking forward to the finished pieces.

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 13) 
 71327.10 in reply to 71327.1 

I made a tile for a 60th birthday gift. It is supposed to represent a 6 decades of circling the sun.https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qyka1fbnagoggs/Lisa-60-done.jpeg?dl=0

I'm working on a tile called 'squares' which is almost done. Not sure if I want to do a flat backed tile or a free hanging mobile.https://www.dropbox.com/s/zirlz1927zvgf9r/Squares.jpeg?dl=0

Cheers!

• Edited July 30, 2016 11:06 am  by  amyfb

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-13
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.