Questions/POLLS/Mentors Topic -  Anyone need help with old stiff canes? (384 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 5) 

First I haven't been in these forums for some time.  Haven't been working in clay much lately, but have plans to move my studio into a much nicer space, hopefully by spring.

Meanwhile, I was surfing through some of the posts here and saw someone asking about "rock hard clay canes."  I make a LOT of canes and know just what your talking about.  And yes they are very fixable.

I thought about answering that post but gees, it's so old now, I doubt the original poster is even looking anymore.  (besides someone gave the most insanely difficult answer.)

So here.  I had planned to make many tutorials and post them on youtube, but so far this is the only one and it happens to be about how to fix stiff, "dry" cracking canes and bring them back to life.

I will point out here first, polymer clay does not "dry" out.  Even though it feels like it.  It's not an air dry clay.  This has more to do with the chemistry of plastic than contact with air.  It's not cured until it's cooked.  

?SO here. my first and so far only on line tutorial.   I call it the Wake Up Squeeze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8J3r02Fy-w&list=PLjzV0P1jlOL2BbUmwxiB5X6MuXN-2ySlP

Reply   Options 

To: artmaker1  (2 of 5) 
 71421.2 in reply to 71421.1 

Perfect timing! I was just discussing this with a friend...we both have old canes that need some help. Thank you!

To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 5) 
 71421.3 in reply to 71421.2 

Awesome.   Hope it helps.  They sure can be saved, just takes some patience to revive them. 

To: artmaker1  (4 of 5) 
 71421.4 in reply to 71421.1 

Congrats to you.  Diving in and doing that first one is probably the hardest point to be at.   Thank you for the content too.

To: Ladyartist05  (5 of 5) 
 71421.5 in reply to 71421.4 

Thank you.  Hope it helps some.  

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.