Welcome/Sign In Here -  Newbie Here (160 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 5) 

Hi there I'm a newbie - just thought I'd introduce myself a bit.  I'm from Texas and just started claying as part of my occupational therapy to help with a chronic pain disorder

Reply   Options 

To: Kathryn Archuleta (KathrynArchu) unread  (2 of 5) 
 71425.2 in reply to 71425.1 

I am sorry that you have a pain disorder.  Working with clay is a very good idea.  Not only will it help your hands and fingers but also diverts your attention from the pain plus boots your creative spirit!  Good luck!

To: Kathryn Archuleta (KathrynArchu) unread  (3 of 5) 
 71425.3 in reply to 71425.1 

Glad you found polymer clay and I think you will enjoy it. I have chronic pain too and some days I can be creative and some days not so much. But it is a great distraction on the good days! I started with clay just out of college and was looking for a hobby that was far from studying medicine. All these years later I still love it!

Susan (from Oregon) 

To: Kathryn Archuleta (KathrynArchu) unread  (4 of 5) 
 71425.4 in reply to 71425.1 

Hello,

Sorry you have pain.  I have arthritis  in my thumbs, which can be painful.  I think the flexing of the clay with ones hands is good for a lot of things.  Focusing one's mind away from pain with the creative challenge is helpful.  Good luck.  Lots of resources on here to help you as well.

To: mst01  (5 of 5) 
 71425.5 in reply to 71425.2 

I found polymer clay back in 2009, when my husband was fighting cancer and we didn't know if he would make it.   Claying was a great stress-reliever and also gave me something pleasant to look forward to when I got up in the morning.  Although we are now elderly, he is fine and still with me today, I'm happy to say, and he always encourages me when I am working on some clay project.  I agree with what mst01 wrote:  Working with clay should be a plus for you in more ways than one.  So welcome to this site!

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.