Techniques/Lessons/Projects -  Lisa Pavelka Foils (298 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 3) 

Hello Everyone! I have a question regarding the Lisa Pavelka foils. I had seen her YouTube video on it, then did my own research as well by looking to see if other polymer closures had videos posted, or feedback on the product. I found everything to be very positive, so I decided to try my luck in writing them to tell them my story, and my dream of becoming a successful polymer clay artist with my 13 year old daughter, and asked if they could possibly send samples of it. I never got a reply till roughly a week later when I recieved a package in the mail. I was shocked, and overwhelmed with joy & thankfulness to see that they sent my daughter, and I a bunch of them! We got the Super Foil Pack, Expressions Foils Pack, Pearlidescent Foils Pack, Rainbow Foils Pack, and Surprise! Foils Pack. The reason I’m listing them all is to ask do they all work differently, or the same? There is hardly any instructions on them. I followed the instructions on the packs, that didn’t work. I then went to YouTube to find the Lisa Pavelka video tutorial on the foils. I rolled the instructions step by step....I placed the Mylar side down, color side up, used tissue paper burnished for 30 seconds, quickly tore the foil from the clay, and still NOTHING! I even tried using regular computer paper, even just the plain padded parts of my fingers to burnish. Ive even tried burnishing for a shorter than 30 seconds, and longer than 30 seconds. Still nothing! When I mean nothing, I mean nothing. No chunks, pieces or specs of foil on the clay at all. Nothing! I’ve spent so much time trying to figure this out, and can’t get to work for the life of me! Anybody have any tips or tricks that will work? I’ve got so many cool things I want to make with these folks and can’t do that till I find out a way to get these foils to actually work. If there is anything anyone has any hints, tips, tricks, or alternative methods to get this to work, I’d greatly appreciate it! Thanks Again! ??

Reply   Options 

To: mamacita3717 unread  (2 of 3) 
 71427.2 in reply to 71427.1 

Only thing I think of is how fast you might rip the piece off the clay.  Do it fast, not nice and slow.

To: mamacita3717 unread  (3 of 3) 
 71427.3 in reply to 71427.1 

I'm actually not that surprised that Lisa would do such a nice thing! She is a sweetheart. Hopefully by now you've figured out what the problem was with the foil. If not, maybe try some softer clay? I'm as stumped as you are...never had a problem except when I had the foil upside down, lol. 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.