The Gospel -  The Divinity of Christ (319 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 8) 

The Divinity of Christ

Matthew 1:23 (ESV)

"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,

and they shall call his name Immanuel"

(which means, God with us).

John 1:1-18 (ESV)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] He was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life, and the life was the light of men. [5] The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

[6] There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. [7] He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. [8] He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

...[Message truncated]

God Bless,

John

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making my request for you all with joy for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ, even as it is righteous for me to think this of you all, because you have me in your heart, inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you are all partakers of my grace.
(Php 1:3-7)

• Edited March 11, 2017 9:21 am  by  John (jepirie)

Reply   Options 

To: John (jepirie)  (2 of 8) 
 478.2 in reply to 478.1 

Excellent post, my friend!

Add to those passages, these:

John 8:58  "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was, I AM!"

John 20:28 "Thomas said to him, 'My Lord and My God!'  Jesus answered, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed is the one who has not seen and yet has believed"

Philippians 2:5 "Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not consider equality with God as something to be exploited"

Hebrews 1:3 "He is the radiance of the glory of God, the exact imprint of his very being, and he upholds the universe by his powerful word."

Hebrews 1:8,10 "But of the Son, he says, 'Your throne, O GOD, is forever and ever...' and 'You, Lord, created the heavens and the earth"

Secundus

Owner & Moderator of:

The Holy Trinity: Discussion & Debate Forum

http://forums.delphiforums.com/theholytrinity

• Edited May 19, 2015 1:17 pm  by  Secundus555

To: Secundus555  (3 of 8) 
 478.3 in reply to 478.2 

Those are excellent verses too.  Thanks.

God Bless,

John

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making my request for you all with joy for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ, even as it is righteous for me to think this of you all, because you have me in your heart, inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you are all partakers of my grace.
(Php 1:3-7)

To: John (jepirie)  (4 of 8) 
 478.4 in reply to 478.3 

I invite you to my forum, The Holy Trinity: Discussion & Debate http://forums.delphiforums.com/theholytrinity where these issues are currently being debated between me and someone who DOES NOT believe in the Divinity of Christ. 

It is a fascinating debate that I would love your input on.

Secundus

From: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member IconMar-18 2:26 PM 
To: John (jepirie)  (5 of 8) 
 478.5 in reply to 478.1 

Excellent! Can you find evidence outside the bible that suggests Jesus is God?

To: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 8) 
 478.6 in reply to 478.5 

If you don't trust the Bible then why would you trust anything else?

From: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member IconMar-18 5:15 PM 
To: John (jepirie)  (7 of 8) 
 478.7 in reply to 478.6 

John (jepirie) said...

If you don't trust the Bible then why would you trust anything else?

My physics and chemistry books support the theories in my electronics books. My books on biology and anthropology support my books on evolution.

Nothing else but the NT supports Jesus as God.

Buddhist books do not support Jesus as God. Does the Koran? We have to twist the OT books to interpret them as Jesus as God. Jainism? Hinduism?

All is not lost for Christianity. Many well educated people support Christianity, But I have a hard time following their reasoning.

I can justify the existence of a god of creation without referencing the bible but this reasoning is supported by very few others.

Can you explain your reasoning for why you think Jesus is God without referencing the bible?

• Edited March 18, 2017 5:18 pm  by  HWPeeler (HPeeler)

To: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 8) 
 478.8 in reply to 478.7 

God's word is enough for me.  The reasoning of this worldly age means nothing.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.