Mike Groves (wgroves)

QuickDog Users Group Forum

Hosted by Mike Groves (wgroves)

Share information about your experience using QuickDog Handicapping Software for Windows.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

quickdog Software!   General Discussion

Started Nov-27 by TJHounds; 829 views.
TJHounds

Nov-27

Any news from quickdog software?

Will it be running anymore?

My suscription expired some time ago, but I was going to get another year

If anyone knows, kindly answer my friends

Regards

RU12A

Dec-2

I’m not sure but QD is not downloading results and programs again which tells me the tracks keep changing something so we can’t use it to handicap. I believe there is someone that volunteered to fix this issue when it’s happened since Mike passed but not sure if this is still happening. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
dsvoboda4

Dec-2

puppmaster might know more of what is happening.

TJHounds

Dec-3

Is there any other software with similar features?

Regards

Puppmaster

Dec-5

Mike took the secret of his invention of the QuickDog program to the grave. According to one of his relatives he did not even allow them to know it in case something happened to him.. No one has been able to imitate it and no one ever will. They gave up trying.

The fact that our ability to download results and new entries stopped just before the beginning of a new month tells me it was a cost issue. They are not taking in any sales revenue anymore so they have no money for business costs each month because the business no longer exists. I still had till February so I was thinking  that they just made a business decision and decided to pull the plug on us and not allow each subscription to run its course until they time out.

The fact remains the Quick Dog program was the best dog race predictor ever devised.  Mike really was a genius.  It could calculate any kind of percentage trends you needed that you could bet with the confidence of the professional handicapper- of which i am not. Now we are forced to go back to a six race history? Be expected to hit races like with QD? Ha! That Program handicapping is a b"tch. I just found out this weekend. It's painful to watch. Like a drug withdrawal. Heck- it's so bad  I'm ready to quit playing my own game that I invented! Because you can't win with a Racing Program. You need QuickDog to play it and win!

So the question as to what is happening is this:

QuickDog is not coming back. The Dogs are OVER. The End of an Era going back to the 60's when a lot of us  started and everything was just wild and free. We're happy we lived in those days. We're sad most people of today did not. They don't know what they missed. The only thing we might have missed back then was Quick Dog!

So Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

TJHounds

Dec-5

Sad to hear that, I would really consider retiring from the races if no other software can boost ,my handicapping, still I feel that we could look for an alternative. It might come up to someone investing and perhaps Mikes family would sell the rights, the only answer I got from Mikes brother was that he did not have any time to sort the details needed to continu to provide the service.

We also have here Paul Luippold, whon is also an active member here, helped to develop several columns and methods, so he might also be someone who could help. My impression is that the biggest issue is data collecting and sorting, which  probably woulkd need an agreement with trackinfo.

There is an alternative which I have not expored well, Pender Noriega has also a software, but I do not know what the features of this program,

In any case, I am just wishfully thinking as I am really not ready to give up greyhound racing, I have tried horses, but damn its complicated to get a good handicapping software and, in my opinion, getting racing data costs to much.

I wish everyone here happy holidays, and I hope that we can get a good Christmas present in the upcoming days! :)

Regards

MoLuff04

Dec-5

I'm nearing the end of my free trial with Quick Dog.  My download feature stopped working at the end of November and I contacted customer support on Friday.

I just checked and all tracks are downloading again.  So, whatever the problem is/was with downloads, it's fixable.  I'm going to pull the trigger and subscribe.

Sorry to hear about Mike's passing.

In reply toRe: msg 7
MoLuff04

Dec-5

Actually, I just heard from Dave, Mike's brother, and he suggested that I not subscribe.  We're trying to figure out  how I can continue using QD after my trial period ends.

RU12A

Dec-5

If you go back a ways in the forum there’s one that’s titled “future of Quickdog” I think there’s someone that helped Mike program in the past. I’m guessing it’s that person that is fixing the charts and program downloading problem. Question I have is why this keeps happening. The tracks must keep changing their format for some reason. I’m guessing just a little change would screw things up so we can’t get our downloads. Anyway it’s nice QD is working again for now. What a great time saver it is. 

In reply toRe: msg 9
Puppmaster

Dec-6

Thank you Dave or whoever fixed this download problem. I've got two months (FEB 6th) left on my yearly subscription.

Let's hope they can find someone who can take over the business until the dogs stop running sometime next year probably.

I don't think they are accepting new subscriptions. Some tried and it would not renew. I think that is intentional. They intend to shut down the business.

So if you still have QuickDog  working for you use it as much as you can while it's still available. I know I will. These 20k Tri and Super pools are paying thousands!  Good Luck to all !