Mike Groves (wgroves)

QuickDog Users Group Forum

Hosted by Mike Groves (wgroves)

Share information about your experience using QuickDog Handicapping Software for Windows.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is QuickDog still functioning for anyone?   General Discussion

Started Jul-8 by TDOG56; 695 views.
TDOG56

Jul-8

Hello,

I am just wondering if QuickDog is still functional for anyone.

It appears that the Program setup file is no longer available for download.

Are subscriptions still being honored?

If your subscription has ended are you able to renew?

Just trying to determine the current state of QuickDog and QuickHorse.

Thanks,

TDOG56

In reply toRe: msg 1
EDUCTOR

Jul-22

Greetings:

My quickdog is working but is set to expire on July 29th.  I am not sure if I should renew or not.

Is anyone available to provide any answers?  It's been a great ride, but it seems that this might be the end for me.  See YOU at the window!

TDOG56

Jul-22

Hi EDUCTOR,

I tried to renew an expired version and received a page could not be found error.

I also emailed Dave, Mike's brother and have not received a reply.

Also, the setup file to install QuickDog is no longer available to download.

It would be great if he could just provide a subscription that doesn't expire, just so people could continue to use the program until all of the Tracks in the United States eventually die off.

The only real operating costs is what it costs to run and maintain the Servers (electricity, Air Conditioning. etc), as they were being provided with the Data for free. 

I really just used QuickDog for the various file export formats that it offered, to input into other Programs and Spreadsheets.

It was a nice affordable Program with several nice options that was basically the only supported Greyhound Handicapping Program left, with the exception of Pender Noriega's Load & Go Greyhounds Program.

I still maintain that Greyhound Racing is the better game to wager on. Especially with the availability of free data and consistent 8 dog fields. 

TDOG56

In reply toRe: msg 3
EDUCTOR

Jul-22

Thanks for your reply.  I was looking for a racing program that could replace QuickDog with.  If you don't mind, please send the a link to the one you favor.  Thanks

TDOG56

Jul-22

Yeah, unfortunately there is not a program that can replace QuickDog as far as all of the functionality it had.

Most of the older Programs that still function require Dogpak compatible Lines.txt and Setup.txt files for Input.

Load & Go Greyhounds can process the .html program files if you have a source for them and follow the process to save them as .txt files. It can also use the Lines.txt and Setup.txt files. I am not sure if you can still purchase the program or not. 

https://www.nexstarsite.com/PenderNoriega/software.html Pretty pricey at $500

TDOG56

In reply toRe: msg 5
twjd2

Jul-24

Do you know enough about the software for quickdog to keep it running.  Maybe Dave would give you the program to keep it going. I know there seems to be a problem with Wheeling.

In reply toRe: msg 6
TDOG56

Jul-24

Hi twjd2,

No, I don't really have any knowledge of the inner workings of QuickDog or how Mike had setup the file download and import process.

What is the actual issue with Wheeling? Are you able to download the files?

I can possibly provide you with some .html Programs and charts to see if you can copy them to the jaidogs\inpfiles folder then see if it will process them.

I believe that QuickDog is currently only downloading the .xml files, but they use to be able to process the files in other formats.

So the ,html file may be worth a try.

Regards,

TDOG56 

In reply toRe: msg 7
twjd2

Jul-25

The data is not downloading/updating. Wheeling seems to be the only track with an issue.

In reply toRe: msg 8
TDOG56

Jul-25

I sent you a message. Please let me know if you got it.

Thanks,

TDOG56

twjd2

Jul-26

I don't have the data you're looking for. Plus the only track I use is Wheeling and its not working, Sorry for the late response