Mike Groves (wgroves)

QuickDog Users Group Forum

Hosted by Mike Groves (wgroves)

Share information about your experience using QuickDog Handicapping Software for Windows.

  • 2257
  • 30061
  • 0


Show you need to visit a podiatrist or a Orthopedist   General Discussion

Started Dec-29 by rezanaraghi; 79 views.

From: rezanaraghi


It's not uncommon to develop ailments or injuries to your ankles or feet. They are also subject to an abundance of pressure, particularly when you lead an active life style. Which one should you seek help from for ankle and foot problems whether it's a podiatrist, or an orthopedist?

Both medical specialties can tackle foot-related problems, however they differ in their approach. Let's take a look at what makes the two fields apart, and the person you should contact for foot and ankle-related issues.

What is a Podiatrist?

The term "podiatrist" is a specialist doctor in foot and ankle treatment. Podiatrists are specialists in the neurovascular, vascular dermatological, as well as musculoskeletal systems of the ankle and foot. They utilize surgical and conservative treatments for foot-related ailments. A foot physician can assist with the following foot ailments:

  • Arch issues
  • Bone disorders
  • Bunions
  • Corns
  • Tumors and cysts
  • Hammertoes
  • Heel spurs
  • Toenails that are ingrown
  • Infections
  • Fragments
  • Sprains
  • Ulcers

In addition, podiatrists can collaborate with other doctors to address more complicated health problems. Podiatrists are often involved in diabetic foot treatment, as the condition can cause harm to the lower limbs of your feet due to the insufficient blood flow.

What is an Orthopedist?

Like podiatrists, orthopedists are able to treat issues affecting the foot and ankle. But, orthopedists also provide general musculoskeletal treatment. They focus on the ligaments, muscles, bones and joints, not just in the ankle and foot but also the entire body.

In contrast to podiatrists who treat only the ankle and foot orthopedists also treat other body parts such as the hips, knees and the spine. If podiatrists treat foot and ankle doctors, orthopedists can be described as experts in joint and bone.

Orthopedists treat various muscular and skeletal problems. These issues can include joint pains, sports injuries backaches, joint pains or even congenital disorders. Orthopedists are typically able to treat medical issues like:

  • Arthritis
  • Neck and back discomfort
  • Hip discomfort
  • Shoulder discomfort
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome
  • Fragments
  • Soft tissue injuries
  • Sports injuries, like meniscus tears and tendinitis
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message