I thought I'd make this an official event by posting a specific progress thread for us. As we've been talking about, the idea is to make a list of 17 UFOs and work on them this year. If you don't get each one finished, at least make some significant progress. So look in the tops of your closests and under your beds, pull out the tubs you've had stashed away and make a list of things that you'd really like to see finished. These don't have to all be quilting UFOs, any project that has been waiting for you to get back to it.
Here's my list:
1. Nine patch BOW -
a. teal/green/pink/yellow - this set is finished and packed away for some future time when I set the blocks together.
b . burgundy/gold/cream - 13 blocks made - I really love this set but it's on the back burner now.
c. red/white/blue - 19 blocks made - This is now front and center to catch up on. My goal is to have a finished top by
September October 1st.
I need to start making the connector blocks, 24 simple chain blocks to alternate with the nine patch blocks.
2. Scrap Dance quiltalong - change of plans! I don't like the way the finished quilt top looks so I'm not using their setting.
I'm going to make two lap size quilts, one from each set of blocks.
3. cut strips for queen size blue/black/white Irish Chain quilt top - this poor thing is never gonna happen! :-(
4. Double Wedding Ring - backing ready, need to pin baste
5. red and green full size Snowball quilt top
set blocks together and add border
6. remove border on full size Snake in the Hollow quilt top - done
after removing the outer border, the top is 80" x 92" so I'm debating about the two narrow inner borders, might just leave it as is now.
7. put border on bluebird lap size quilt top
8. add final border to full size medallion quilt top
9. Grandmother's Flower Garden top - I'm going to do One Flower Wednesday and make one rosette each week.
hmm ... I never said when I would start my One Flower Wednesday. ;-D
10. Finish quilting border on queen size Lone Star - later because it's too hot to work on this right now
11. blue floral sampler quilt top - pin basted, ready to quilt
12. twin size Card Tricks quilt top - pin basted, ready to quilt
13. Broken Dishes quilt top - pin basted, ready to quilt
14. three lap size Christmas quilts - pin basted, ready to quilt
??15. Duck and Ducklings quilt top is pin basted and ready to quilt.
16. Grandma's Patchwork BOW - the top is finished, the border has been added, the backing is ready! ?This project went fast because I kept up with my enthusiasm. Now to get it quilted.
17. Red/yellow/green 9" nine patch blocks - I'm still not sure how I'm going to set these. I've auditioned several fabrics but so far nothing looks right.