General Quilting Discussions -  Eye Candy Quilts (1132 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Irish Karen (kdf50) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-21 10:36 AM 
To: All  (1 of 51) 

I ran across this blog with pictures of quilts that are bright, bold and beautiful.  I couldn't live with the one shown because that much busyness doesn't give my eyes a place to rest but I appreciate all the work and creativity that went into making it.  The colors are amazing!  This quilt started out as a bunch of orphan blocks that she wanted to put together and wowza!!  It makes me want to drop everything, pull out all my orphan blocks and start putting them together every which way.  :-D

http://niftyquilts.blogspot.com/2017/07/spare-parts-is-quilted.html

Reply   Options 

To: Irish Karen (kdf50) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 51) 
 3775.2 in reply to 3775.1 

Very interesting site, Karen, thank you for passing it on to us.

Also reminds me of when I nearly made it to Sister's. I could never justify the cost even for a day of beautiful quilts.

CharMnquilt

From: Irish Karen (kdf50) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-21 6:08 PM 
To: Char mnquilt (MNQUILT)  (3 of 51) 
 3775.3 in reply to 3775.2 

I've never gone to the quilt show in Houston, either.  I couldn't justify the expense but also the idea of all that walking and standing.  It exhausted me just thinking about it. lol 

To: Irish Karen (kdf50) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 51) 
 3775.4 in reply to 3775.3 

I agree about Houston too. But now you are close enough to drive. Of course lines etc no way around those........

The year we were going to Sister's I had to say no when I added up the plane fare, ticket/car rental, food (which was most important LOL) and dividing $1,000. home cost. All in all it was cheaper to travel to Australia <G>..... I do have a hand towel from there though so I look at it with fondness. You never know when a rich pension plan may invite me to Oregon LOL

CharMnquilt

From: Irish Karen (kdf50) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-21 6:47 PM 
To: Char mnquilt (MNQUILT)  (5 of 51) 
 3775.5 in reply to 3775.4 

It's a pretty long drive so I don't think I'd try it unless I drove about 2/3 of the way and then stopped for the night.  I can drive straight through to Del Rio, that's only 7 1/2 hours but it takes a couple of hours to get most of the kinks out when I get there.  It reminds me of the immortal words of Bette Davis.  :-D

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/35112.html

To: Irish Karen (kdf50) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 51) 
 3775.6 in reply to 3775.5 

Amazing how big Texas is. Only looks like a few inches on the map <G>

I forgot she said that but soooooooooooo true!!!!!!

CharMnquilt

To: Irish Karen (kdf50) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 51) 
 3775.7 in reply to 3775.1 

These are a bit busy for me, too.  Ahhhh, orphan blocks.  I wonder what kind of trouble we can get into after all these sew-alongs and the BOW if we would have a stay-at-home Row By Row using our orphan blocks.  I can't even think about it now......except I am. lol Put it on one of your lists do to later on. :-)

SharonG/FL

From: Irish Karen (kdf50) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-21 11:24 PM 
To: SharonG/FL (SHAZZAG)  (8 of 51) 
 3775.8 in reply to 3775.7 

That sounds like a fun idea.  Most of my stray blocks are 12" and they're mostly in sets of 5 or 6 blocks.  Hmm, I already have it worked up in my mind.  Make four rows of five blocks then make a sash to go between them of 1" plain sash, 6" blocks of some of our nine patch patterns like Shoofly and Churn Dash, another 1" plain sash.  So make four rows made of five 12" blocks and join the four rows with 8" sash/block/sash.  That would make it 60" x 72" and you could put a border of your choice on it.  I'm really liking that idea because I already have plenty of blocks that I could use.  Okay, it's on the list!

To: Irish Karen (kdf50) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 51) 
 3775.9 in reply to 3775.1 

Wow, that's a big busy for me too!  I don't have many orphan blocks, probably less than a dozen for sure.  Seems like most of my quilts are bed size and rarely any blocks left over, only parts of blocks.

From: Irish Karen (kdf50) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-22 2:03 PM 
To: nlpakkala  (10 of 51) 
 3775.10 in reply to 3775.9 

I rarely make a small quilt so most of mine are bed size, too, but I used to take part in a lot of swaps and accumulated quite a few blocks that I've never used.  I've been wanting to get them cleared out and this just might do the trick!  :-D

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 51
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.