About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Former About.com COPD Forum Members   General Chit-Chat

Started 8/24/15 by Garysix2; 219413 views.
Bonsville

Oct-15

Hi, Sue and Triff,

Finally found this place again, but it looks like it's just us. I think it's too hard to find for others. The thread title of "Former About.com COPD Forum Members" is not something I even remembered. I found a link on my computer by searching for Delphi, which was all I remembered.

How are you? I recall seeing a message from you not long ago, but I suppose it was in regular e-mail, and I can't find it now. If you still have my address, please drop me a line again!

All's well here now. Last month I had bronchitis and had to spend two weeks in rehab after four days in the hospital, but I'm back to normal now.

The weather is still decent; nothing too cold so far, but winter's a'comin, that's for sure.

Hello to all our friends who might be reading this -- Bob, Jim, Mike, Sue

SueP (josep2001)

Oct-15

Hi Bonnie, 

Sorry you have been in hospital and rehab - but glad you are back home. 

I am doing Ok but my little dog had to have surgery for urinary stones in July and not has cancer. So I have been very busy with giving him chemo and keeping his weight up. He lost 1.5 of his 10 pounds and finally have it mostly back but do not know for how long. 

I agree reed it is difficult to navigate this site any more and I am not on it much for that reason mainly. 

Hope you continue in your recovery.

sue

Bonsville

Oct-15

Sue,

Sorry to hear of your little one's troubles. I went to see the pulmonologist today. My doctor in that department died last February. He'd been out a year and they expected him to come back, but he didn't. So sad.

I'm stable, he says, and he wants to see me in three months. Next week I have a CT lung scan scheduled and then an appointment with the cardiologist. I don't know that there's any specific reason for the CT lung scan. I think I'm going to write my pulmonologist and ask him why I'm getting it. 

Anyway, I keep editing books and my clients keep sending me more books, so I'm a pretty happy camper these days.

Take care,

Bonnie

SueP (josep2001)

Oct-15

Hi Bonnie,

The ct scan may be the yearly one they are encouraging all ex-smokers to get - I got it earlier this year.

Glad he said you are stable.

Sounds like you are staying busy editing books..... sounds interesting.

sue

Triff (breathefree)

Oct-18

Dear Bonnie so pleased to see you here again.I am sorry you have had a downer.Its pretty scary but luckily you are stronger and pulled through.

I had an exacerbation 3 weeks ago and dont seem to be getting out of it.I am mainly resting and hoping and putting things in order.The 02 overnight has stopped those awful attacks and I am truly grateful for that.

We all missed seeing you her and my thought to all the members who have been in this group.No matter what I think of you all as you left me with information about this illness plus shared amazing strength and courage with us.I will never forget you all.

Triff

Triff (breathefree)

Oct-18

Dear Sue I am sorry your furchild is sick.I lost mine last year so enjoy those cuddles for you both.

Since I got sicker I feel even more lost without her but have finally managed to part with her belongings etc.

I hope he gets better Sue and doesnt suffer as dogs can be so resilient and suprise you

Take care Triff

SueP (josep2001)

Oct-18

Thank you Triff,

Sorry you lost your dog last year.

The vets said 1-2 months if not treated but may get 1-2 years if treated. So he is on a daily liquid chemo I give him each morning. Weight has been an issue as was loosing before diagnosed, so I was not over surprised when found on U/S. He has good days and he has bad days. local vet says with all his other issues is not overly optimistic. . He has seizure disorder and has is getting them more often even though on toxic levels of the meds, He has vascular liver disease, so vet says it will be a matter of what kills him first, the cancer, chemo side effects on liver or seizure that he does not survive, or he stops eating or taking meds. Is on appetite stimulant which helps a lot.

Sorry to hear you are sicker, maybe they will find  a med that will help you.

Take care and sending you good vibes........sue