About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Freedom '16   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 2/3/16 by ModAndrea; 784730 views.
slowblumer

5/31/19

Hi Janine,

Yes, me too.  I am very sensitive to what I let into my mind via TV.

Nice to her from you.

Triff (breathefree)

6/1/19

Hi Group Today is the first of the month so I will start our roll call

I am more present but resting and have been introduced to a community care co -ordinator from Hospice .Apparently this can get services I need

r

OK s I have been going around on my broomstick but cant actually find a suitable picture for you all.

Congrats on another month on our journey all.

Triff

slowblumer

6/1/19

Hi Triff,

It's always a pleasure to hear from you.  I like that quote.  Here is one my daughter sent me I thought you may like:

'What makes night within us may leave stars'

Triff (breathefree)

6/2/19

JUst perfect Marge.It gets dark early here and I am getting used to being alone upstairs.I muss my companion very much so now talk to myself.

I am all wrapped up in woollies but not as much as you

Triff

Triff (breathefree)

7/2/19

And yet another month goes by for us all.

I do hope all of us are making it through the newer stages of our life and using skills gained here can cope with stresses and the unknown.

Heres hoping we all make it through each month feeling grateful for our magic forum  Triff

slowblumer

7/3/19

Hi Triff,

Best wishes to you on yet another month.   It must be pretty cold there cause it's blazing hot here.

Triff (breathefree)

7/3/19

Dear Marge I think of your warmth and swimming but then climatte change struck.20C today which was warm especially as the ski fields are trying to get snow for the season.

I will soon be on my own and it seems I may be allowed some care to help me remain at home safely.It may be approved soon as my helper goes away in a weeks time for a holiday and my family  is moving on

Its great to see we dont need our group so much but do a role call 1 x a month

Great to see you around

Triff

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

7/31/19

Hello Triff.  I have been trawling around the forum today.     It can be so uplifting.    I still can't remember my exact quit date, but a guess says, and my hubby says I have actually been quit about 2 years.     think I will have to adopt the AA philosophy and say I have not had a cigarette today ( and for lots of days prior.)    Thanks to this lovely group for having me.

Vivienne       Aussie  (we aussies can be a bit thick     lol....)

Hope you are ok as this reaches you.

Triff (breathefree)

8/4/19

Hi Viv I didnt make the  welcome to a new month post.Good to see you did.

In all honesty I am forever smokefree but not in a good place health wise.This part of witer is so damn hard and matrimonial seperation still not finished.

So good to see you here.I was sad to see a long term  smoker who quit for a good few months suddenly lose the quit when her sister died  uexpectedly.

Oh gosh do I remember those occassions when we thought a smoke made us feel better.It was lie and we used many others too as an excuse to smoke.Addicition does that to us all doesnt it.

Hang on in there and keep visiting to control the damn Junkie thinnking or avoid it by reading here

Triff

Triff (breathefree)

8/29/19

Well its near a new month so I will post something I came across thats so true.

Keep on using all the things you learned here on your daily life too

Lots of good thought and best wishes. Triff