About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tricky 8-11 Months   Quit Support

Started 8/26/15 by ModAndrea; 116168 views.
In reply toRe: msg 12
ModAndrea

8/26/15

June 2, 2012 10:12 pm
Hi Penny,
I was reading your post and tears just feel down my face not sure why and yes I've had a really awful day. Thank you so much for getting back with me so quickly.
June 6th will be my Three month anniversary. I will one day be were your at today. I still take it day by day. Your an , Angel, thanks for picking me up I needed that!
I hope tomorrow is a good day for me because it's my birthday!
So you live in Austin huh! I used to live at Canyon Lake we are still trying to sell are home down there. My husband got transferred to Everett, Wa. What a change for me, gosh I'm so home sick, I miss Texas and my family and friends. 
The star thing I have never figured out how to add them, do you know by chance?
I like Sabra stars the Dallas Cowboys if I could add stars those would be the ones I would pick.
So I just type my stars that will have to do until I get someone to figure out how to post them on my signature.
Penny you an inspiration to me and I look forward in talking with you again.
Hugs
Susie(Grandma09)
Quit-March 6, 2012/Earned 2 STARS """**"""
The Freedom Marchers

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 13
ModAndrea

8/26/15

June 19, 2012 6:19 pm
Thanks Jim, they almost didn't let her go last minute... might have to take her right back.  She is almost 3 days clean though :D  Must run in the family, get ill, quit easy?   

MWBF_FB Group      My 1st Year      Thanks MWBF      Tricky 8-11
Things to do today1. get up, 2. survive, 3. go back to bed 
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 14
ModAndrea

8/26/15

June 20, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi Penny,

It is going better, but yes, wow, I have been on guard because the roller coaster of emotions, being around smokers enduring the same stressors has been a real test.  Even had someone today say "Come with me.  I need someone to talk to and a cig, want one ? "  It slipped out of my mouth  " I wish "  and laughed.  They apologized and said they had forgotten I had quit and I could tell that they felt very uncomfortable and I am not going to judge or preach, because as we all know, that doesn't work with addiction.  But for once I know what so many here have written about in that I felt so bad for them that it still has its hooks in so many still.  I stood there and had that little niggle of want, but it passed very quickly.  I do not want to ever go there again.....shackled to an addiction that was slowly and quietly stealing my life away.

I have even put the weight issue and other stuff on hold for the time being.  Being with my friend kind of put things a bit more in prospective.  We joked about her 'diet' and not recommendable by any way, shape, or form.  Plus she told me I looked beautiful ( even with mascara running down my cheeks, a big swollen lip from lesion removal and hair unkempt and scraggly, love is blind fer sure ).  I was humbled by her humor at her tragic situation as well as saddened that as hard as she tried to do the right things, you never know what lays ahead.   Life IS like a box of chocolate, so enjoy it while you can and focus on the important things in life.   And she said she was proud of me for quitting, and I am too.  We laughed and cried, and yes a tiny rant & rave here and there before she slipped into silence.  I will treasure her friendship always and her laughter will hopefully warm my heart in those cold and bitter moments that may or more than likely come again in the future.

There I go again, an epic ramble.   Some of my grand rugrats are coming to stay next week so need to get the lasso ready and hide the guns and ammo.  Just kidding.  They love rolling down the hills, playing in the dirt, and climbing the giant rocks and trees.  Life is good after all.  It just has some crappy moments to plow through or waller around in for awhile till we get it and move on.

Thanks again Penny for just being you

As always,

Tigs

Quit Date  9/25/11   * * * * * * * *  La Te Da for me

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Msg 154.16 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 15
ModAndrea

8/26/15

July 4, 2012 8:38 pm
Oh I'm fine, no need to smoke here.  I'm looking at thousands of dollars in medical bills now but that won't make me smoke.

I tinkered around with some gold J keys and I sent you a picture, no big deal.  Also you do know a mod will fix your sig if you ask one of them nicely :D

Yes, wife was ill from new job that was unsuitable to begin with.  She quit and got another but as you feel better you can quickly lose that resolve.  she has read Carr's book and other quit books as I've provided all of them.. for those that know me, I only came here looking for reasons to restart ;p  She will do it in due course.  So far only 5 half ones and a lot of puffs on ecigs of different brands, so one could argue that's not a terrible slip yet.  I'll see how she arrives home tonight.  I asked how yesterday went and she went all cute and bashful.  I guess luck really is necessary for some to quit.

Cheers and nice to see you again.

MWBF_FB Group      My 1st Year      Thanks MWBF      Tricky 8-11
Things to do today1. get up, 2. survive, 3. go back to bed 
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 17
ModAndrea

8/26/15

August 21, 2012 10:59 pm

(((J)))

I am also glad that those days are behind us. And I know that I am not going back there again. I do still take the benadryl from time to time. But At least no one is getting those 3 am emails. I am not even sure if those emails made any sense to anyone cause I think I was trying to type with tears in my eyes. And then to be so tired on top of that. It is great that we all now can pay it forward. I love to see how this forum works. Hugs

Lisa

Quit Date: January 15th 2012 at 12:35am

Proud Member of the Januwinners 12

This is your quit!!!! Fight for it!!!

I don't feel this way because I have quit smoking. I feel this way because I have smoked.

Forum Angels ~ Always Near, Guiding, Educating, Lending Support

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited August 26, 2015 7:07 pm  by  ModAndrea
In reply toRe: msg 18
ModAndrea

8/26/15

October 12, 2012 10:35 am
Good Morning!
I was just congratulating Justin on 8 months when I came to find this thread to give him the link and I realized that we started this thread 7 months ago and it is still working. I think that just proves that this can be a difficult time for us. Sure there are those that just sail through this part and there are those that don't post very much at this time because they are moving away from needing the forum and then there are those,  like me. would have some issues with this time...everything was not easy. all the craves or thoughts weren't gone and we needed reminding about that junkie thinking. We are all different and we sure do know that now, but for many of us, we really need to have our guard up now...we have seen to many slip and fall because they thought that it was all ok and for me it wasn't ok...sure it was better but still there...So if you are in the 8-11 months please know that just by stopping by here, you are aware that there are still bumps in the rode and you know that others have gone through this too and we are still here for each other.

Now maybe we need a thread for those in year 2...I am only kidding, I think!
Penny

KEEP THE GIFT

http://www.videosurf.com/video/barb-tarbox-1313494094

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 19
ModAndrea

8/26/15

October 12, 2012 7:29 pm

(((((Awww Lisa))))))

You are such a dear, especially coming from someone that has and still does go through so much in the their own life.  I am just going through some changes, acceptance of some bummer truths, and the daily frustrations of life in general.  I know this might sound strange...but some of the big challenges ended up easier than these minor ( in my eyes ) difficulties.  Maybe because you call in the troops for help, arm and protect yourself better when you are faced with a Goliath....but then the Lilliputains come in with their little sticks a poking and a prodding.   Sneaking in at night and tie ya up in knots.  Well, that's kinda how it has been for me at least. 

It is better in so many ways than the early days of the quit, but I believe I will always have addictive tendencies, thus like Penny, I do need to keep some sort of lifeline whether it be here, email, councilors, or another forum to deal with stuff that tighten those addictive strongholds on me.

You my friend are such an asset to this forum and I can only hope my words to you and the unspoken vibes of support help you continue on no matter what we face ahead.

Much love and support,

Terri

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 20
ModAndrea

8/26/15

October 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Hey guys I just turned nine months about a week or so ago.. and I was feeling very confident.. but today it is not so.. I find myself going through a heck of a time at the moment.. I really thought that all these feelings were gone, but some how they managed to crip in.. Not as intense but still bothersome.. I am feeling a bit of the anxiety and saddness and the junkie thinking.. what is it about this month.. I really though t I was over this... anybody out there that is deep in their quit finding some of the old symptoms coming through again and playing with your emotions? I know that I read somewhere that it could take six months to a year.. all I know is that I was feeling like myself for a while so this is very dissapointing for me..

-Diana

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 21
ModAndrea

8/26/15

October 24, 2012 1:43 pm

FYI to all,

I read that 30% of the people who relapse in the first year do it between months 7 and 12.  stay vigilant!

cheers.

8/19/12

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message