About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)|Verywell.com Smoking Cessation

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Words In Words - Part 3   Jokes and Games

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 203715 views.
EllenMartin

Dec-14

RHEUMATISM

math, rush, shim, muse, them

INVESTIGATION

Hi Sue, hope you got your wardrobe cleared out and the laundry done.  Where are you located, Sue?  I'm in Western MA, close to the CT border.  Only takes me about 6 minutes to get into CT. 

We are in for some very bitter cold, below freezing temps.  It is not supposed to last long, but I bring this up because I remember when I was smoking, I willingly froze myself outside smoking.  What, what, was I thinking????  And I wasn't the only one out there!!!!  A very nasty habit and so glad I gave it up. 

Ellen

INVESTIGATION

investing, nesting, station,sitting, nation

HOMEOWNERS

Hi Ellen

Brrrr below freezing is cold. You are so right ....it's nice to stay indoors.

Our poor hands and lungs. Indeed, what on earth were we thinking. 

I've loved all the washing Ellen. Just some coats to dryclean now...it's 20 days and I thank God everyday for helping me stop that

wicked addiction.

Sue

EllenMartin

Dec-15

HOMEOWNERS

worn, sworn, meow, more, some

COMPASSIONATE

Hi Sue,

20 days already?  You are doing very well with your quit.  It is a tremendous feeling of accomplishment when we succeed each day.  That's how it begins, an hour at a time, then a day, etc.   Do you find the upcoming holidays a future challenge?  I was lucky that I quit in January so I didn't have to face a major holiday right away.  Never thought of that until now. 

Hope you have continued success and a great weekend, Sue.

Ellen

COMPASSIONATE

stamp, spaces, scamp, stomp, spate

ROLLERCOASTER

Hi Ellen

Yes, extremely challenging. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster today!

We are only a small family though so it's not like I have to cater for a huge crowd.

Hope you have a great weekend too Ellen.

Sue

EllenMartin

Dec-19

ROLLERCOASTER

error, alter, roast, arrest, lost

COMPASSIONATE

Hi Sue,

The days of my preparing a huge meal are over.  I let my dil, daughter, or niece play hostess now.  Especially for a holiday.  I will entertain at other times of the year when there is no real pressure.  We will be traveling to CA for Christmas in a few more days, so we will be having  great weather.  Back here in MA it will be pretty cold so it will be nice to get away for a few days.  Where are you from in the UK, Sue?  I've been to London for 8 days about 15-18 years ago.  Loved every minute of it!!!!  Would love to go back again some day.  :)

Ellen

COMPASSIONATE

nation, stamps, scamp,scant,stomp

iNDIVIDUALISM

Hello Ellen

Is CA California? How lovely. It's about 7 degrees centigrade here so not too bad. It's very damp and dull though.

I live in the North West of England. Usually go into London for a long weekend with friends each May. We take in a couple of shows (musicals) and have a good catch up.

My nearest main city is great though. Some fabulous old Victorian theatres and some of the best museums in the country.

I only have4 for Christmas lunch so that's good. I'm not the world's best cook so will be buy loads from Marks and Spencer's food hall on Friday.

I'd like to wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas. (In case we don't speak before Christmas.)

Sue

EllenMartin

Dec-20

INDIVIDUALISM

sail, mail, dual, slim, visual

IMAGINARY

Hi Sue.  Yes, CA is the abbreviation for California.  Love it there, weather is always nice, but I do love our 4 seasons of weather here in New England. 

We are almost packed for our trip.  Goal is to be packed tomorrow night.  We are only going for 3 1/2 days.  The other two days are travel days.  Once the holiday is over, our family has to get back to work and school. 

We usually join friends for a Christmas Eve buffet, and I cook a nice roast for Christmas dinner.  It is a nice time of year, but I'm always glad to get back to normal routine. 

Hope you are still staying strong in your quit.  I know there will be many triggers over the actual holiday.

I will try to get back here every day until Friday.  Then I will be back on Wednesday or Thursday.  Thank your for your kind Christmas wishes for our family. 

Wishing you the same, Sue, like you, in case I don't get back here before Christmas. 

Ellen

Imaginary

grain, margin, grim, grin, arming

PARLIAMENTS

Hi Ellen

Oh it sounds wonderful. Do you fly or drive down to California?

We can have 4 seasons in one day here. Spring is my absolute favourite. I love the way everything awakens. It's so wonderful to work in the garden again.

My brain has been so foggy the last couple of days...lol..I could hardly function.

Thank You for the best wishes.

Sue

EllenMartin

Dec-22

PARLIAMENTS

last, trim, stem, learn, past

CHRISTMAS

Sorry, couldn't resist!  :) 

Hi Sue and anyone else who is out there reading.  We are all packed, ready to go.  We fly to CA, Sue.  From the time we arrive at our local airport and land in CA, it is a 9 hour day.  Going out, we are stopping in Texas and coming home we are stopping in Chicago, IL.  Another 9 hour day.  But it is worth it to see the grands.  :)

I will be back Wednesday night.  Not taking any computers with us, too much of a hassle when flying. 

Hope to see you and perhaps others, next week, Sue!  Enjoy your Christmas holiday!!!

Ellen

CHRISTMAS

Mast, match, charm, chart, March

Hi Ellen

How silly of me to ask if you drove down.

I know that NE is top right hand and CA is left and south. 

We live on such a small island and I think it's quite difficult for us to realize the sheer size of your country. Phew...9 hours of flying. Such a long day but I know worth every single minute to spend time with adored Grandchildren.

I wish you a pleasant journey. I will miss the "word in words" and I do hope that other members old and new will join in. That would be so wonderful.

Sue