About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Keep One/DropOne   Jokes and Games

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1097378 views.
euknight

Jul-3

Buck Moon

(That is the one coming Sunday night...the July full moon)

I love Blue Moons, but that Harvest Moon always the bomb!  Susan!  Did you start your job?

SusanK1960

Jul-3

Moon shine 

Hi Peggy, thanks for asking.  I did start my new job.  I worked 4 days, then get a holiday off!  It is amazing that as a non smoker, I can concentrate for about 5 hours at a time!  The first day, I got in my car and a feeling of something is missing hit me hard!  Took about 20 seconds of doing the pre drive checklist that it was actually my memory thinking I needed to light up for my drive home!  Another memory biting the dust!

Eve1973

Jul-3

Moon doggie! 

susan, great that you started! How do you like it? This job will never know you as a smoker, so you may not have many triggers!

SusanK1960

Jul-4

Doggie paddle

I am in training right now, which is a bit whelming, however, I am sure once I get a rhythm down, it will work out just great.  I am happy to have a distraction!

Loreficent

Jul-4

Paddle Board

Yay! Congratulations! I’m very happy for you. Yes, a distraction is good. Isn’t it nice to worry about smoking while driving? Eve is right. Probably not too many triggers.

euknight

Jul-4

No green horned worms but squash bugs just finished eating my yellow squash.  Have to get Neem.  Heard that was good

euknight

Jul-4

Paddle boat

oh Susan....that’s great to have those first feelings in the car that something is different and then just turn up the radio cos cigs aren’t an option.  I just really liked cleaning out the car!!!

You go girl on the training!  How much longer is that?

Eve1973

Jul-4

Row boat

Susan that’s awesome! Yes distractions are definitely good! 

CC to SusanK1960
SusanK1960

Jul-4

Motor boat

Peggy, the training is being done by the person who previously had the position, but was moved to another position, so i would say the rest is me trying to piece together a process.  She at least is available if I have questions, but I usually do better by looking at previous files to get an idea of what is needed.  I took this job for the challenge of learning something new.