About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

No-embers `16   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/26/16 by ModDee; 54519 views.
ModSue (VentasSue)

Nov-29

Hey Betty

Welcome to the Clubhouse!!

One year smoke-free is such a wonderful achievement and you have reached this goal with quiet determination.  

You are amazing.  Have a wonderful day!

Hi Betty,.

Well, you did it ...  woo-hoo!

I am so happy for you.  Keep playing that 'One day at a time'game in your head.  It worked. 

betty146

Nov-29

Sue,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I could not have done this without the support of this forum.  I love this group - even though inactive now; NoEmbers has provided me the support to get started and this forum took over and supported me through the thick and thin of the first year.  I am feeling absolutely fantastic today.

Thank you to all and enjoy your day!

betty146

Nov-29

Hello Marge,

What can I say............so many of your personal experiences have hit home for me and your shared tidbits of how to manage a variety of the triggers have been more help than you will  ever know.  Thank you for sharing this special celebration with me.  I continue to read the posts in this forum on a daily basis and, hopefully, one day I will feel comfortable being more of a participant and supportive member to all.

Thank you to all in this forum and, yes, let's continue this journey one day at a time!

Betty

Hi Betty,.

Yes. let's keep right on going, as you say, 'one day at a time'.  I do know nicotine addiction is insidious. We always have to be alert to Junkie Thinking.  I have accepted that aspect.  I know you will keep right on Noping!

ModDee

Nov-30

Congratulations on your

Year of Freedom!

Best wishes Betty for all the wonderful smoke-free years ahead.  It gets better and better.  The benefits keep on rolling in.

betty146

Nov-30

Hello Dee,

Thank you so much.  I cannot believe I am at one year and I am so happy and appreciative that I found this forum.  I cannot tell you how great it is to hear from you; I do remember my first days in the November 16 group and you were right there to guide us newbies into the journey and you are here now, November 17,  with continued support and encouragement.  Yes, every day I come across another reason I am so happy to be a non smoker and every day I NOPE and read posts to maintain my balance and humility with my quit.

Thanks, again, for all you do!

Betty