About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)|Verywell.com Smoking Cessation

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Ten years of fresh air!   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Jan-3 by TerryTjeCan; 692 views.
TerryTjeCan

Jan-3

I passed the 10 year milestone on Christmas Day 2016! What a joy it is to be free! I was a serial quitter so for all of those serials out there, do not be discouraged. Learn from each relapse and come back with more ammunition for your next run. You will get there! Keep coming back to the forum as the support here is the best and will help you tremendously! I wish you all success on your road to self discovery and fresh air! Be who you were meant to be!!!

WOW!!! 10 YEARS is mind blowing!!! What an inspiration for new quitters you are. It's great to have long term quitters like you who pop in to give everyone a peek at what can be their future. 

I am over 3 years quit and plan on continuing down the staying quit pathway.  

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013 

TerryTjeCan

Jan-3

Congrats on three years! To be fee of this addiction is a feeling that is so hard to describe, right? I had no idea of just how smoking had a grip on everything about me until I broke free. I wish I could gift the feeling of freedom if only for a day to everyone who is in their first year of smobriety as it would make the process easier to bear knowing what is on the other side!

free_janet

Jan-3

Congratulations, this is cause for a BIG celebration! tadaThank you for your encouraging words and insight.

Onward and upward,

Janet

AnnaFreshAir

Jan-3

Congratulations on your ten years of freedom, and thanks for posting to encourage others.  Great accomplishment!

Health and happiness to you!

ModDee

Jan-4

Hi Terry,

Good to see you!

Congratulations on

years of freedom.

Unfortunately encouraging supporting words seems so inadequate at times.  It would be magical  if we could bottle that feeling of freedom and give out a dose once in a while to those that are struggling so that they could feel the awesomeness of what it's like to be totally free. 

(((Hugs)))

Dee

ModAndrea

Jan-4

Congratulations on ten years, Terry!

Thank you for sharing this incredible milestone with us. You are such an inspiration. blush

Hugs,

Andrea