About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)|Verywell.com Smoking Cessation

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

No Nicotine 2017   Quit Support

Started Jan-8 by Bev_1977; 4500 views.
Bev_1977

Jan-8

Hi all!

Yesterday was 8 weeks since I smoked my last cigarette. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I stopped all nicotine. This is the longest I have gone without nicotine since the beginning of last year. 

I'm trying to remain nicotine free. I feel the pull of my addiction. I have been having strong cravings for the last couple of days. I know it will pass. I'm trying to be patient.

Here I am... posting before smoking. This year I will remain nicotine free. 

Bev

star

Quit November 12, 2016

One month, three weeks, five days, 22 hours, 16 minutes and 37 seconds. 1138 cigarettes not smoked, saving $342.71. Life saved: 3 days, 22 hours, 50 minutes.

Bev BE PROUD OF YOURSELF!!! It is so AWESOME to see you getting Strong Quit Muscles! Hang in there you need to stay the course till you reach "a peace in the quit around the end of month 3. You can do this and this truly is your quit. Stay close and keep posting. You are definitely no sissy.

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

nhquitter

Jan-8

Way to go Bev...you never gave up on yourself!!!

Keep putting one foot in front of the other and before you know it you'll be at the halfway house!

Peace.

Chris

Smoke free since 12/1/2013

Julie (S89C93)

Jan-8

Way to go! You should be proud of your accomplishment. Keep your quit. Remember the crave will pass and each crave is closer to your last 

We can do this!

Julie

Bev I am so pleased you are doing this quit so well.Well done and you have become so much stronger too

Triff

VentasSue

Jan-9

Hey Bev

Congratulations on eight weeks.  You must be feeling really proud of yourself.

You're obviously doing all the right things this time and I feel sure that you will be able to make this your forever quit.  You've shown such strength and determination during your fight against this addiction and, now, happily it is really paying off.  We're all very proud of you.  You deserve this and its an honour to be on this journey with you.

Big Hugs, Suestar2star2star2star2star2star2star2star2star2star2star2

Quit 11th January 2016

ModDee

Jan-9

Congratulations Bev.

Bev_1977

Jan-9

Debbie,

I have worked hard to reach where I am at now. When a crave hits, I keep asking myself will it be easier if I start then stop again. The answer is no. I've been there too many times so I know the outcome. I am now 2 weeks nicotine free. The only way to go is forward.

Thank you for your support. I will beat this.

Bev

star

Quit November 12, 2016

One month, three weeks, six days, 18 hours, 23 minutes and 59 seconds. 1155 cigarettes not smoked, saving $347.75. Life saved: 4 days, 15 minutes.

Bev_1977

Jan-9

Chris,

This is the quit that will stick.

Thanks for your support.

Bev

star

Quit November 12, 2016

One month, three weeks, six days, 18 hours, 24 minutes and 57 seconds. 1155 cigarettes not smoked, saving $347.76. Life saved: 4 days, 15 minutes.

Bev_1977

Jan-9

Julie,

Thank you. I have every intention of keeping this quit. I had another rough start today, but I didn't smoke and I feel better now. It's not as bad as in the beginning. I have to keep reminding myself of that.

One day at a time.

Bev 

star

Quit November 12, 2016

One month, three weeks, six days, 18 hours, 27 minutes and 31 seconds. 1155 cigarettes not smoked, saving $347.77. Life saved: 4 days, 15 minutes.