About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)|Verywell.com Smoking Cessation

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

1 month today I stopped smoking!   Quit Support

Started Jan-9 by isabella1759; 759 views.
isabella1759

Jan-9

I am one month today smoke free, and so proud of my achievement! Had a couple of triggers but told that smoking demon to go to hell.   I did one day at a time.  That's all we have folks.   I smoked for 40 years . So there's hope for us all.  What a freedom and gift I've given myself.. thank you all of you on this forum.. I read and read everyday and still do  and will continue to do so.. good night and God bless you All! 

breathefree

Jan-9

Well done Isabella.Thats a wonderful achievement .One day at a time is a perefect way to do it.

Carry on reading and you will no longer feed the monster

Triff

ModDee

Jan-9

Isabella!  What a wonderful accomplishment.  The first month is so important because you have proven to yourself that you can do this for a extended period of time.  There are so many folks who wish they could be where you are today.  Keep up the good work!

Best wishes as you continue your cessation journey.

ModAndrea

Jan-9

Congratulations on one month, Isabella! That is a huge accomplishment. 

Have a wonderful smoke free day! blush

Hugs,

Andrea

CONGRATULATIONS ISABELLA ON A MONTH OF FREEDOM.  WHAT A WONDERFUL GIFT YOU HAVE GIVEN YOURSELF.  KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, VERY PROUD OF YOU.

kccan

Jan-9

That's so awesome!  Hooray for you!!

~Karen

nhquitter

Jan-9

Congratulations! Great milestone. Every day you get further from your last puff gets a little easier. Keep that one day at a time mindset and you'll do great!

Peace.

Chris

Smoke free since 12/1/2013

Heather I

Jan-9

Congratulations!  One month is a great achievement!  It only keeps getting better!

Heather

Smoke Free Since 1/2/16

AnnieXS

Jan-9

Hi Isabella:

Congratulations on 1 month!  It's a big deal.  You're on the right track taking it one day at a time.  It is one of the toughest things I've done but you are right, the freedom is such a gift.  I enjoy waking up in the morning and going to sleep at night without the constant pre-occupation of when and where I will have my next cigarette.  It's difficult and stressful to find a place to smoke in public where you won't be frowned upon these days.  No more running on the hamster wheel.  So worth it.  

You're doing great!

Mercy (mercy164)

Jan-10

Congrats Isabella!  It is a great feeling to get that first month behind us, isn't it?  It feels like me CAN actually do this after all.  I am so happy for you.

Mercy