About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)|Verywell.com Smoking Cessation

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

After the Quit - The Ongoing Process   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 8/29/15 by Terry (abquitsmking); 3956 views.
In reply toRe: msg 67
Douglas8845

Jan-7

On July 23rd of this year I will close out my 5th year not smoking.  I enjoy re-reading my journal because it reminds me of how crazy it was in the beginning of my quit.  I made it along with a few others and still today we remain quit.  I wish the same to all those in this forum.  I'm still amazed that I now see myself as a nonsmoker.

Good luck to all of you!

Carol03Oct

Jan-8

Hi Doug - I have enjoyed reading your journal - especially the first few months to where I am now in my quit.  I haven't read it all yet - but sure I will get to it as time permits.  I can so relate to alot of what you said around the three month mark (where I am now).  It's so true that you start to think - if I can do this, I can do anything.  

Carol

In reply toRe: msg 68
Douglas8845

Jan-24

Fellow quitters, 

Yesterday I completed my 4.5 year mark as a nonsmoker.  The fact that I forgot to mention it here is actually a sign of my progress.

I cannot conceive of myself lighting up a cigarette and pulling poisonous fumes into my lungs.  It is just too crazy a thing to contemplate, much less do.

I've done this, so can you, as Steve (standingstill), says, to stop smoking JUST DON'T SMOKE.

You can do this.  I have.

In reply toRe: msg 70
Douglas8845

Jan-24

stillstanding, not standingstill

free_janet

Jan-25

Hi Douglas,

Congratulations on reaching another amazing benchmark!  Cheers to you and thanks for all the lovely posts and encouraging words over the years, which have helped many quitters including myself achieve freedom!  We have an amazing firework show and celebration toast in your honor and just think only 6 more months till you receive your wings.

Warmest regards,

Janet

Douglas8845

Jan-25

Haha, thanks Janet!

One of the most amazing things to me is recalling how hard it was in the beginning and how easy it seems now to quit smoking. I simply have no more craving episodes which is not the same as to say that I have no thoughts about smoking. I know I will never smoke again, partly because I know that if I do start again, I simply may not be able to stop.

Thanks for stopping by.