About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jan-We Can! '17   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 2/3/17 by ModAndrea; 262915 views.
Cindy1617

1/19/18

Thank you Laura.  It's been quite a year, but, looking back, it really has gone by rather quickly.  Wouldn't want to repeat those first few months for no amount of money.  Sure glad to make it this far though. 

Won't you be coming up on 3 years soon?  I look forward to making it as far along as you have.

Thanks again!

Cindy

x12

Cindy1617

1/19/18

Hi Marcia,

Just swinging by and wanted to check on you.  How are you doing?  Did you get much snow down there in Memphis?  Hopefully you're seeing some sunshine to brighten your days.  Hope to hear good things from you soon my friend.

Cindy

x12

Cindy1617

1/19/18

Hi Sue,

on 22 months of freedom!  You have proven you can live through just about anything smoke free!  Good going!!

And super glad you're continuing to heal.

Cindy

x12

SueP (josep2001)

1/19/18

Thank you Cindy - Is hard to believe how far we have come over the last year or so. Never thought it would be possible but thanks to this forum and all the great people like you, I was able to get through some tough times.

Have a good smoke free night....sue quit 3/17/2016

CeliaB

1/20/18

Hi Cindy,

I'm a few days late, but I just wanted to drop in and congratulate you on one year of smoke-free freedom! I actually began my own journey back in January 2017 but gave up after three weeks. I came back in July, and I noticed that you have always sent such sweet messages and been a great support around the Forum.

I hope you celebrated by doing something special on the 16th!

Take care.

marciame

1/20/18

Cindy, do you have your year yet.  if so I am so happy for you.  I am doing better .  but I am a little afraid to be confident that this is the right medicine this time for me.  you know I am praying that it is.  but I just don't want it to stop working like the last one did.  I am praying that my faith will grow stronger everyday and that I will be able to deal with it if I t is not.  Thank you so much for posting me  my friend.

Cindy1617

1/22/18

Awww, you're so sweet Celia!  Thank you!  I know for certain I would not have made it this far without the wonderfully supportive people like you here on this forum. 

I was thinking your name sounded familiar.  I'm SO glad you are back and doing great with your quit.  You made it to the half-way-house, so it just keeps getting better and better from here on out.  We are gonna keep our quits one blessed day at a time!

Thanks again for your kind words and your thoughtfulness. green_heart

Cindy

x12

Cindy1617

1/22/18

Hi Marcia,

Yes'm, I do, indeed, have my year.  Thank you and I'm happy for all of us who've tasted what it's like to be free from cigarettes.  When I think about the misery of the first couple of months that we had to go through, quitting really has gotten SO much better.

I'm sure you're probably a little afraid to get your hopes up about your new medicine, but keep thinking positive.  So far, so good right?  Your faith WILL grow stronger everyday and God will give you the strength you need.  Keep hanging on dear friend. rose

Cindy

x12

marciame

1/22/18

You are so right about being afraid that it will stop working like the Viibryd did.  Cindy I am praying that this Noritrpytline will be the right one.  I really thank you for posting me and letting me know that you are there.  God Bless and keep you well.  marciame

marciame

1/22/18

Yes my friend, You certainly do know me well.  I am afraid that this new nedicine may act like the old one.  But I will keep the faith.  Because my God can do anything but fail.  We will have to be strong when things get hard for us.  And this is what I am trying to do.  Thank you again and congratulations on our 1 year victory.  I think it was worth it don't you.  Friend.  marciame