About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jan-We Can! '17   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 2/3/17 by ModAndrea; 262193 views.
SueP (josep2001)

10/14/18

Jia -

I am trying every day. There are still moments when I think we all think about smoking  not in a crave but just as a thought. Some of us dislike the smell of smoking others like me like the smell. That does not mean that I smell it and say oh I need a smoke. Just a thought that it smells good to me still.

Also when have unpleasant words with my brother, I think I could use a smoke about now - knowing I am not going to do it, but still goes through my mind.

No one left active in my group of March 2016, so I have been adopted by the March 2015 group and they still get the same thoughts - that is the addict in us all. Not every day, but they occur.

sue quit 3/17/2016

Jia (Jav22)

10/14/18

Sue you are right the thought of smoking does occur in the stressful times. Deep down the addict in us sometimes crave for another puff thinking that it’s a solution to the issue. It never is. It only adds to the stress . The disappointment you feel within about giving up is immense.I never want to be over confident in my quit. That was the reason behind many slip ups. I thought I had it in control but I gave up in weaker moments.It’s something I am always vigilant about. I keep reminding myself do I ever want to visit that dark place again where I was controlled by a substance.Nicotine is a monster which drags you down with it. It does get out of control. After living without it’s dependence I feel like a new person.Keep going strong. 

SueP (josep2001)

10/14/18

So true Jia, 

Never want to give in and have that just one as I know there would be a lot more following it. Have never gotten close to that happening - the just one - and do not want to go there.

sue quit 3/17/2016

slowblumer

1/1/19

Hi Jia,

Big congratulations on 2 years of freedom from smoking.    Your's is a tremendous victory.

Hope you and family are well and may this new year be a good one.

Jia (Jav22)

1/1/19

Thanks Marge it’s actually on 7th. But a very happy new year to you and everyone here.Thankyou for all your help and support for getting me there. I couldn’t have done it without you all and this amazing support group. Family is good. I hope every one has an amazing year. Sending much love your way. 

Jia (Jav22)

1/1/19

Hi Cindy, 

Huge congratulations from my side. You have been a such a positive influence in this group.

Jia (Jav22)

1/1/19

Hi Marci, 

Don’t get scared. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Keep your faith intact. Things will work in a positive direction. Sending much prayers your way.

Happy New Year and congratulations as you celebrate 2 solid years as a Quitter. Bravo! You are definitely no sissy! 

You will inspire so many new quitters so post your two year milestone post for all to read. You now have an 80% chance of remaining quit for life. Way to Go!!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013