About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cazza's junkie journal   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 7/4/17 by Cazza2468; 5506 views.

Cazza bet you feel way better.

Ive stoppe for 8 weeks today im over doing it with the chewing gum so much ive got sore ears and jaw.

Cazza2468

2/1/18

Hi John

yes I know hat you mean.  I tries the gum (well nicotine gum) years a go and ended up with a really sore jaw.  I thought the stuff tasted really bad too, but maybe they have improved it since then. Ha ha.

congratulations on 8 weeks, that is a great achievement.  Are you still getting cravings?  For the last couple of weeks I only seem to be having a vague sense of loss when I start to think about cigs.  Hope it stays this way.

i quit cold turkey so I guess I don’t have any Nic left in my system and I am sure that helps.

caz

No dont get the cravings i feal better in general im on nrt patch 2 about to go to patch 3 the weakest strength.

The chewing gum is a sugar free variety ono nicotine its just to help with the habit stuff.

Seriousy how painfull is chewing gum sprain CGS ( just made that up :) it sucks. Should be warnings on the packets, freinds think im grumpy from nicotine withdrawals and I tell them im ok its CGS it makes me look pissed off.

Cazza2468

2/1/18

I like that. Chewing gum sprain ha ha

In reply toRe: msg 32
Cazza2468

2/6/18

8 weeks today.  Soon I will be moving into the icky third month

I think 5he third month is an issue because after 2 months of solid quitting, the whole process becomes a little blah.  The original euphoria of early successes has faded and we become a little complacent 

so over the next week or so as I move into the third month it is time to renew my commitment to stay strong and true to the quit.

i am going to make a whole new plan for this month.  I will make a list of activities and hobbies that I am interested in and endeavour to ramp up the exercising routine.  

Caz sun_with_face

Suzy2018

2/9/18

Congratulations, Caz - must be eight weeks now!  

Suzy

Cazza2468

2/9/18

Yes Thankyou Suzy

8 weeks and almost 2 full months

i must admit I have been feeling a little agitated these past couple of days. I guess it is the icky third month  I hope it is not going to be like this for the whole month. On the bright side the nagging I am feeling is nothing like the first couple of days

i think once you get to month 4 things really start to settle down

how are you doing. You sound upbeat and positive. Have a great smoke free day

caz

Suzy2018

2/9/18

Hi Caz,

I'm ok, thank you - this has been the hardest day so far, but it's only a couple of hours off bedtime and I haven't smoked, so that's good. 

And YOU haven't smoked either, which is even better!  They do say the third month is hard - you're over the euphoria of actually, finally having done it, but not quite at the peaceful happy place all the long-term quitters talk about.   

I say 'they do say' but actually I know - I once quit for just over a year (my most successful ever, and I still can't believe I thought it was ok to have just the one) - and remember struggling around 8-9 weeks, but it did get easier after that.   It wasn;t so bad - just a bit niggly - and as you say, it's nothing like week 1!  I can absolutely confirm that you DEFINITELY don't want to be back where I am!

Very best wishes, and I'm counting on you to light the road ahead.

Suzy

Cazza2468

2/10/18

Yes Suzy

we all think we can have that one cigarette.  But we can’t, it only leads to misery. The misery of returning to full time smoking.

i hope you have a wonderful smoke free day.  You are getting closer to that first elusive 1 week free.

caz