About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Freedom Fighters `17   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Aug-3 by ModMarge (slowblumer); 35489 views.
fran2enyc

Sep-8

Hi Marie, I,m Fran with the Freedom fighters group in July so You, Celia and  me are all together I quit July 11. Anyway glad to talk with you I also am having lots of cravings and stress so I chew the gum when it gets bad . This weekend we will all be hitting 2 Months together so CONGRATULATIONS!.  THIS REALY REALY HAS BEEN THE HARDEST THING TO CONQUER.  I know what you mean about those anxiety feelings especially when you have stress in front of you. Stay Stong and Keep on NOPING!!!

Fran quit July 11 2017

ericalane

Sep-8

Sue,

Somehow I missed this message from you, so sorry about that!  Thank you so much for the congrats.  My first full smoke free day was the 5th.  I put my last one out at 9PM on the 4th.

I'm working on not letting the weight bother me, some days I don't give a darn and then others I'm reminded how hard it was to lose in the first place but I keep telling myself it most certainly won't be as hard to lose again as quitting smoking has been so far so I'm sticking with it!

I think I'm going to grab a Fitbit this weekend, hopefully that will help motivate me to keep moving! 

Have a wonderful night!

ericalane

Sep-8

Congratulations on your fourth grand baby Marge!  How exciting for you and your family! 

ericalane

Sep-8

Hi Marieque,

I think you do an excellent job translating your writings.  I can see how it could be annoying to think in your native language, translate it in your head then in writing. I'm glad that you stick around in spite of that.

I'm sorry you're still feeling sadness, maybe you need a big ole cry!  I don't do that often but when I do, I feel sooo much better.  I guess as addicts we are always looking for a way to numb our feelings / hide behind a smoke screen.  It is a lie tho and will be followed up with worse feelings of sadness and regret.  I'm not sure why some of us seem wired to make these choices.  I wish I was wired to love running and that was my drug of choice, haha.  I'm slowly working on that one, could be some time yet. =)  

Sometimes it does help me to watch something funny on tv for a couple hours.

Hope you're feeling better soon. Have a good night!

CeliaB

Sep-8

Hi Fran,

How are you, my freedom fighting friend? Are you and LS getting along better?

I have been lazy today. I haven't walked; I haven't been swimming. I have just sat around my house reading, playing Words with Friends on my phone, and eating. Ye gods! At least I can feel good about the fact that I haven't smoked. NOPE!

Erik and I have talked and texted a little on the phone this week, but not as much as I would like. His older daughter is visiting him before her school (she attends one of the universities a few hours away) starts next week, and he's been busy doing things with her. Tomorrow Erik and I will spend time together, and I am so looking toward to it!

Well, it's just about time to get off my you-know-what and do some housecleaning. I'd better put some dance music on the stereo. It's my new anti-smoking secret weapon.

Take care,

Celia

star

Hi Celia,

Congrats on 2 months quit. 

Playing loud music and singing along with it is a great secret weapon.  Keep on Noping!

CeliaB

Sep-9

Marge,

Oh, goodness, thanks! But it's one day early.... I will just have to open this this up tomorrow and look at it again and again. blush

Celia

star

Hi Celia,

Even better.....can congratulate you twice.

In reply toRe: msg 371
ericalane

Sep-9

Good Morning Everyone!

So, I downloaded this "Couch to 5k" app on my phone yesterday and gave it a small trial yesterday after work.  I was only able to complete half of it.  I'll try again maybe early tomorrow morning when it isn't 98 degrees.  The idea is to slowly get you to run a 5k in a few months.  It starts out on day one with a 5 minute walk warm up then run (I slowly jogged) for 1 minute then walk for 1-1/2 minutes for 15 minutes then another 5 minute walk cool down.  I was able to jog three times then I realized it's way too hot out and I wasn't about to be on the news. LOL

Hope you are all having a great day!  I'm getting our tile cleaned today and I'm excited about that, it's so hard to clean the grout with normal sweeping/mopping. 

Hi Erica,

Thank you for the congrats on my latest grandchild.  She is quite beautiful, even better than her picture:)  

That 'Couch to 5k' sounds great. I hope it's just the thing for you.

I'm painting my front steps. What a huge difference it makes.   98 degrees there?...Yikes!