About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Freedom Fighters `17   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Aug-3 by ModMarge (slowblumer); 35519 views.
Marieque

Nov-9

Hi Fran, you are holding up like a true hero. I think still having nicotine rushing through your veins doesn't make it easier for you... I wouldn't be able to kick the habit like that. What is it, actually, that you are afraid for? Don't get me wrong, I am in no way intending to push my opinion on you. To each his or her own path! It's just that... well I really do believe total abstinence is possible for everyone, including you. You would really do your brains and soul a favor.. are the patches and gum not just a way of tricking yourself?  (I really do hope you won't get me wrong here. But I would not be true to myself if I didn't mention it at least once..).

Take care!

fran2enyc

Nov-9

Hi Marie glad to hear from you I hope your doing well and thank for that  I do agree with you I am afraid that I will get nasty and mean again so I seem to be putting off the totaly not having nicotine in my body. I know I'm going to have to face this at some point very soon because I do feel like I am cheeting or something like that. In my sick mind I do feel like I came such a long way and I don't want to screw it up. But mosty its my nastiness and my anger that I am afraid of. I think anyway. We are all on 4 months now and I am so glad for all of us. I am real happy that you are getting more sleep and I read that you friend from years ago who quit started smoking again and you had to see it. I'm sure that was tuff but you got through it. I have NEVER tried to quit before smoking 36 yrs working my way up to about 3 pks a day and I really don't want to fail. But your right I must be afraid of something but I'm not ready yet. Please be honest all the time with me I love it and I need the honesty. Thanks so much because it really makes me think about the next step. KEEP ON NOPING MARIE!!  

Fran quit July 11, 2017

Marieque

Nov-9

Ahhh Fran, I am so glad you pick it up like that! And you talk about the next step, i think that's exactly what it is and nothing more. Try not to look at yourself as a cheater or something, you choose this way and like you say, now it might be time to think about your next move. What do you need to accomplish that? I think nastyness and anger are in a way part of the deal, it's 'just' your mind adjusting to something new.  I found out what i need most is to be forgiving towards myself. As long as i am able to do that, I will be just fine. I am starting to see the benefits, every day a bit more. Just the other day I was telling how confident I feel. I notice it at home, at work, with my friends... I just love the feeling. I am also very proud of myself. I am letting go of counting, sometimes I just forget and then suddenly a week has gone by and I made it to another milestone.

Please fran, have faith in yourself. you are so worth it! you are just as able to do this as anyone else. Nastyness or not, angry or angel.. you can nail this. in fact, you already nailed a big part of it.

I will keep on noping, definitely. Wouldn't lose this newfound freedom for a million!  Talk to you soon, keep up the good work.

ericalane

Nov-9

HAPPY FOUR MONTHS OF FREEDOM MARIE!!!!

So very proud of you, keep up the good work.  I'm reading more and more about you finding confidence, pride and SLEEP and that makes me so happy for you!  =)

Did you treat yourself?

ericalane

Nov-9

Oh dang, I'm a day early.  Not sure why my calendar popped up that you quit today.  I have you and Celia scheduled for tomorrow.  :\

Marieque

Nov-10

Erica I read it right after I woke up, on november 10th,  perfect timing! Thanks a lot. I will think about a way to celebrate, maybe a nice cake woohoo! Everything you said is true,  I am SO happy about it. Have a nice day! 

Marieque

Nov-10

Hi Celia, congratulations on your 4th month! I hope you are holding on, with everything that you have to deal with right now. Although it's been a while, I think about you and I am sure the others do too. Did you manage to cut your working hours? I remember you were planning on doing something like that? Hope to hear from you, but take all the time you need and take care, above all!

ModSue (VentasSue)

Nov-10

Hey Marie

Well done on Four Months' smoke-free.  

I found that this was a major turning point for me and I'm sure that you will too.  Keep doing what you're doing - it's working.

ModSue (VentasSue)

Nov-10

Hey Celia

Four Months is awesome.

I know that you've had a lot of stress to cope with recently but you're doing great.

Oh, the other day I read something really interesting.  Turn the word 'STRESSED' around and, what do you get?, my favorite thing 'Desserts'.  I know we're all watching our waist-lines but sounds pretty good to me.

Have a great day.

jdamn

Nov-10

Congratulations on 4 months, ladies! You two are doing awesome. I know you've both had some pretty rough times but you hung in there and I find that inspiring as I work toward my 4th month. (I just had 3 months yesterday.) Keep on NOPEing and I know you can do this.