About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jdamn's Journal   Quit Stories and Journals

Started Sep-18 by jdamn; 1531 views.
In reply toRe: msg 27
ModAndrea

Nov-29

Have a wonderful smoke free day, justin! wink

Hugs,

Andrea

In reply toRe: msg 27

Hi Justin,

I saw Andrea retrieved your journal:)

You are doing fabulous in your quit.  Don't worry about 'how long' this journey takes, go one day at a time and  one more day of healing.  

On your way to 4 full months....how good is that!

jdamn

Nov-30

Thank you both for digging up my journal. I would have never found it.

In reply toRe: msg 30
jdamn

Nov-30

My journal is back! I literally lost it for awhile. The journal, I mean. Since my last entry I've had a really scary health scare but I'm totally fine. It's been a rough month, I think because of the holiday, but I think it's getting better now. I have another mouth ulcer, I think from cinnamon gum, but I have rx mouthwash that should help. Otherwise things are going really well!

In reply toRe: msg 30
ModAndrea

Nov-30

You're very welcome, Justin. Have a wonderful smoke free day! blush

In reply toRe: msg 31
jdamn

Dec-2

So this is the first morning I didn't have junkie thoughts! Yay! Normally the orange cats go down the stairs with me to the kitchen and then they start and they last for at least an hour. Today I was up for 20 minutes before I realized it and I was very happy about it. I thought about a cigarette then but not seriously.

Also, I think I'm giving myself TMJ in addition to mouth ulcers with this gum. I don't know what I'll do without gum :/.

In reply toRe: msg 33
jdamn

Dec-10

I had 4 months yesterday! Those morning jt's that used to be crippling are now weak to non-existent. I still get cravings but not like I used to. Pretty awesome to have made it this far.

In reply toRe: msg 34
Neats (1146)

Dec-10

Congratulations on 4 months smoke free. 

It really does get easier with time. The junkie thinking lurks around and try's to break us down especially in times of stress, but you are proving to yourself that this is possible and your a lot stronger than you thought.  We do not need smoking in our lives.

Well done! keep up the good work. 

jdamn

Dec-11

Thanks so much, Anita. It really does get easier and we really don't need smoking in our lives.