About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September To Remember '17   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Oct-3 by ModAustinPen; 2800 views.
Noel001

Nov-8

Hi, thank you - appreciate that !

It does seem like forever. and now I'm a fatso again by 4.5 lbs.  This time that's just really making me mad though and I think I'm just gonna lose twice that much just in spite because that's complete garbage. I know about the metabolism thing and all that but still!  I exercise every single day whether I like it or not. And trust me, there's plenty of days where I really don't want to take my lunch break to go change in the cold locker room, get all sweaty and ruin my hair then put the office clothes back on when I'm now hotter than heck. but whatever, part of that is the price of being 51 yrs old I suppose. but I'm just mad now legit. so done with getting punished for just trying to quit smoking.  We'll see what happens. On Thanksgiving is when the next 5K race is so I just best be faster that's all I gotta say:)

SueP (josep2001)

Nov-8

Noel,

I know what you mean about the weight. I gained 15 then was laid up for couple months and could not do much early this year. But I can not get rid of any and I am 69 (almost 70). Few years back, while still smoking, lost 50 pound but took about 5 years and do not want to go there. So I mainly concentrate on not gaining anymore.

But, do not focus on the weight. Is better to be a little heavier then smoking. I am going to start my walk aerobics on ytube again like I did last winter.

Good luck on the 5K on Thanksgiving - run off some weight and then enjoy your dinner.

Have a great smoke free day....sue quit 3/17/2016

Noel001

Nov-8

good job to go back to walking soon !!!

Hey I got back from running at lunch and my hair still looks okay.... small win!

and I guess I'll have a coffee instead of a pack of cherry yodels.... booooo:(

SueP (josep2001)

Nov-8

Hey Noel,

I was back to walking in about 2 weeks after surgery in April and have been ever since outside and at the gym. But now that it is turning colder 27 this morning and soon will have snow and ice will have to do my walking all inside. So I pull it up on ytube on my laptop and watch tv at the same time.

Have a great afternoon......sue quit 3/17/2016

SueP (josep2001)

Nov-12

Hey Noel,

Just checking in to see how you are doing. I tend to go through the recent months to see how everyone is doing.

Hope you have a good smoke free night...sue quit /17/2016

Noel001

Nov-13

Awwww, thanks for checking:) I'm good. It's close to the next 5K event and that always keeps me motivated. It would be stupid to start smoking again the week before something like that.  I do want to though. winter's here, it's gray, cold, snowing. All the stuff I hate. I try to say it's just weather. But it's a pain in the you-know-what. just one of those really annoying thinks that makes me want a cigarette. It's fine though. I probably won't at least not this week or next week. How are YOU doing ? 

SueP (josep2001)

Nov-13

Noel,

I am doing well. Gloomy weather her also.

Good luck on your 5K. Glad you are hanging in there - it is worth it.

Have a great smoke free night....sue quit 3/17/2016

ModSue (VentasSue)

Dec-5

Hey Noel

Huge Congratulations on Three Months' Smoke-free!!

You are such a great example on how to do this one day at a time.  You're awesome.

Have a wonderful day.

Noel001

Dec-5

thank you !! And you are a terrific support person for so many people. You sure do volunteer a lot of your time to complete strangers and that makes you a very generous person:) I appreciate it and look forward to chatting with you all the time. Again, thank you!!!

jdamn

Dec-6

Congratulations on 3 months, Noel. That is huge. You're doing awesome.