About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome November 2017 New Ex-Smokers   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Oct-31 by ModDee; 16864 views. (Closed)(Closed to new replies)
In reply toRe: msg 63
ModDee

Nov-7

Good morning November Ex Smokers

Have a great smoke free day!

Bev_1977

Nov-7

Sue,

That quit didn't stick. I'm still smoking. I was adjusted to my job until after the course. I then had new responsibilities. It is stressful.

I'm off until Friday. I'm thinking of starting a quit either tonight, or in the morning.

Bev

Bev_1977

Nov-7

Betty,

Thank you.

That quit didn't stick. I'm preparing to start a new one either tonight, or in the morning.

Bev

BoyMom4

Nov-7

8 weeks seems like forever away! I hope it gets much less intense before then.  It will be a miracle to make it through the holidays smoke free.  My anxiety is always out of control this time of year.  2 of my children have winter birthdays so add that to Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'm petty much a crazy woman from November to January.  But i know poisoning myself won't actually make it any easier to get through these busy months! How are you doing? I'm on day 7 and still having 2nd thoughts but I haven't smoked so I guess it is going as good as it can be! 

ModDee

Nov-7

Congratulations on 7 days!!

In reply toRe: msg 68
ModDee

Nov-7

Best wishes.

SueP (josep2001)

Nov-7

Bev, sorry to hear that.

Hope you find a way to deal with the stress without smoking. People who have never smoked  deal with stress every day. Not criticizing, just saying what I kept telling myself and still do at times.

Good luck.... sue quit 3/17/2016

SueP (josep2001)

Nov-7

Hi BoyMom4,

Terrific to be on day 7 - first week (Hell Week) done and over with. 

Try not to look ahead into the future and worry about what will or will not occur. I remember the anxiety I felt when thinking of going  on even a day trip to family, etc not to mention Thanksgiving or Christmas. I decided I had to stay in today and let tomorrow take care of its self - because             If I worry about tomorrow, I might lose my quit today - I lived by those words the first year and finally can think ahead some. And make it a point to tell yourself to go to bed smoke free every night - one day at a time.

Have a great smoke free evening and night...sue quit 3/17/2016

coldturkey17

Nov-7

Welcome!!  YOU CAN DO THIS.

coldturkey17

Nov-7

LOL, the first days I wondered if LIFE was always this irritating.  Stay strong.  Your kids will thank you :)