About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Phoebemagnolia celebrates EIGHT   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started 11/21/17 by Susan1206; 5501 views.
Susan1206

Dec-5

Dear Deanna,

Thank you for your kind words.  Yes, the P.S. was a very sad note in our lives.  In my heart, I know that he was sooo addicted to ciggies for soooo long.....but if only we both would have found a way to quit the nonsense, years and years earlier....it would have been such a good thing.

Carry on...that's what we all do...One day at a time.....

Susan

Susan1206

Dec-5

Thanks, Rich ~

I remember one day when I had a really sore mouth...and immediately thought...well...this is the dreaded "C".

Turns out that it was a Vitamin deficiency BUT it really really made me think of my health.  I know in my heart, that smoking has done damage to our lungs......I think each one of us who placed a ciggie in their mouth will have some kind of repercussion from smoking.  Just heard about a new mysterious element of vaping....some lungs look like they were heavy metal workers.  Oh my, vaping is really really not good.

Thanks for your note.  I remember you from early days and I am happy you have both become non-smokers.  Susan

Susan1206

Dec-5

Indeed, we are never ALONE.   24/7 if you NEED HELP...just reach out.   The FORUM is indeed a lifesaver!

My mantra of the day....  Susan