About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Energy   General Chit-Chat

Started Dec-2 by Noel001; 479 views.
Noel001

Dec-2

Since I quit I don't think I've had one day where the biggest desire after work was to cancel all plans and go sleep because of feeling completely out of energy. I never would do such a thing but instead I'd smoke to get the nicotine buzz so I could carry on and do stuff.  I remember feeling like my entire body was making an effort to keep the blood flowing. From deep inside the only way I can think to describe is I felt like I was turning into a petrified tree from the inside out. Everything was just so tight and it felt like I was literally hardening on the inside. That's gone:)  there's plenty of times, actually most times, where I do look forward to ending the day just cause I'm kind of annoyed at continuing to say in my head "it's normal not to smoke, you'll just have to deal".  I am really glad though about that overall tightness being gone. If feels like a rubber band has been removed from each blood vessel and everything is softer and flowing correctly creating more energy - enough to share even if that were such a thing.

DJ (colbymorty)

Dec-2

Hi Noel,

Great Post! I think you nailed it.  I think the symptoms your describing are the result of our bodies getting back to normal.  

I am experiencing the same fatigue symptoms.  My lungs are feeling better also.  I am taking deep breaths without feeling that tightness.  My lungs are cleaning up.  I think we quit around the same time. 

You are doing this!  You are strong!   This is not easy.   Sleeping is good. Keep posting. 

Best

Deanne -Quit Oct. 17, 2017

Hi Noel I think DJ is right the way our body and mind work they know if we sleep our body will repair quicker plus our poor brains can rest while the nicotine gets out of our body's

Do not worry about your little chit chat in your head it too is part of relearning ho to be a person who no longer smokes.I would wander around swearing at the demon in my head and worry others could hear my thought.I would be thinking"Beep off you Beep beep I dont need you "and things like that and it does work .

I am glad you are feeling more relaxed its good to be able to do that.I lgot relief by lying in the bath or on the floor deep belly breathing.

Keep on track and stay relaxed .You are doing well.

Triff

Neats (1146)

Dec-3

Hi Noel, 

Smoking really has our bodies in a mess. I lived my life as a smoker anxious, tense, my pulse and heart racing, high blood pressure always up with a constant pounding in my head. I could never sit still as I was always at the edge of my seat wanting and needing to race off to feed the addiction.  Quitting smoking is the best thing we can do for ourselves.

You are doing great! 

Noel001

Dec-3

Thank you! My husband is really proud of me for continuing to try. He's my 3rd (and best) (and last) one. So he figured I "came that way" that way being a smoker and just accepted it. But now he's saying some things to indicate that it may have concerned him more than he would have said. Plus, HE seems healthier this Fall as well. I never smoked in our apt. or car with him but I probably had some sort of lingering smokiness to me most of the time. Just THAT makes me even happier than having myself be healthier. 

Noel001

Dec-3

Thank you for sharing:)  I feel like the sooner I accept the desire the sooner it will stop bothering me. but the harder I try to accept it and mean it, the longer it's going to take to stop bothering me.  So I've gotta find a middle ground. I feel like I'm getting there. And before I even quit I told myself a year's time would be reasonable to feel significantly okay about not smoking. It's been 3 months.  But it was way easier to say that after just having had a cigarette than it is to live it. Shocker (Not!:) 

Noel001

Dec-3

Here's me, my coworker and the Big Grands at the Santa Shuffle 5K yesterday:) For the kiddos it's their first 5K event:) 

In reply toRe: msg 7
Noel001

Dec-3

lol, I forgot my coworker in that first one! Here she is. She's working on quitting too. 

DJ (colbymorty)

Dec-3

Sooo cute.  Happy Holidays ! Where is the snow ?   Your such a good influence.  

Your setting a great example for your grandkids and your co-worker.  They will start

good healthy habits because of you.   Keep up the good work, have fun, enjoy the holidays smoke free.

HOHOHO 

Best DJ

Interesting about how putting a time on when you will be quit proper and have beaten it.In my group we all varied one would say yay I am still quit and be looking ahead but two of us with numerous slips and mistakes over the years.We both found it was  matter of sticking close here and not looking too far ahead.

The smoking addiction is so strong and of course we want to stop smoking and and also hope to have one sometimes too.We chose to take it one day at a time so  we didn't in the beginning have to look at more than one day.Hence I do the NOPE pledge and give thanks for going to bed smokefree.I think we both found that smaller time was just right.

There will come a time when you know you are safe and feel your Freedom from nicotine.For some it is sooner rather than later .

Its good hubbie is supportive as some have one who still smokes or like mine tells you to go buy some because you are grumpy.

You are doing well

Triff