About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Day 3   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Dec-3 by Julieants; 143 views.
Julieants

Dec-3

Hi all - I am new to this forum and it's good to be here. Today I will be 3 days quit and 11 days alcohol free as well. I am not tempted at all by alcohol now but am still having to madly distract myself from wanting to smoke in the evenings.

Neats (1146)

Dec-3

Hi Julieants, 

Congratulations on quitting both alcohol and nicotine. 

Continue distracting yourself and do not listen to that junkie thinking in your head. It will tell you all sorts to try and trick you into smoking again. Change your evening routine and try to stay clear of triggers.  In the early days I was stuck like glue to this forum it is great distraction and offers all the support, knowledge and encouragement you read. Stick with us read and post just do not smoke. 

Your doing great!

Hi Julie,

Welcome to the forum.  I’m so glad you found us,  and decided to take your life back and be free.  You will never regret it.  We will be here to support your.  Education about nicotine addiction is a huge key to success.  Arm yourself with the tools that you will need for a successful permanent quit.    A prepared quitter is a successful quitter.  Click on the link below to join  the December Ex-Smoker's group then begin at the beginning and check out the links.  They are full of information and tips.

Common questions about the first week of smoking cessation, with answers from successful ex-smokers.