About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1295361 views.
Cocoa60

Aug-1

Morning Susan.  I started taking Glucosamine when I saw it was such a miracle for my dog friends.  I take 1500mg Glucosamine with 1200mg Chondroitin twice a day.  Takes care of arthritis that I have.  I give the same I take to Brandy.  Their doctor also uses our over the counter for their dogs.  They get a ridiculous amount for the same thing for pets.  Mine is about $20 a bottle, $70 for pets, which I paid for a while back years ago.  I give the dogs one pill a day.  Brandy has to be cut in half in peanut butter.  She feels the large pill and leaves it.

I cut a tree down for my daughter about a month ago and while I was cutting it up in pieces I dropped a log on my big toe.  Still having trouble with it.  Brandy stepped on it Thursday night and really hurts today.  The nail turned black long ago and now my toe is red since Brandy stepped on it.  We still made it 6.5 miles this morn but I might have to spend more time on the elliptical if it doesn't heal a little.

Have a great day

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-3

today is a better day...plus the Sanibel house closing went thru....so that part is over.....haven't heard from our offer here and the house we liked....on hold for all of that ....hope your day is lovely  sending hugs to all my friends...

Cocoa60

Aug-4

Morning Kitty.  Glad you finished half your business.  Warm up here but cooler than the south.  Maybe hear from your offer soon

I'm finishing up my drainage ditches just in time for a day of rain from the storm.  Still have to build a small wall to keep mud from going into one ditch.

Put new weed block and gravel at one end of the pool and it's corners.  Can't get the tractor bucket over the fence to dump gravel but I can get it to the top of the fence so I can use a ladder and shovel to get the gravel where I need it.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-12

Went to Pain management shots to the spine and it "seems" to be having a positive effect.....lets hope....and we finally got the internet back yesterday....hope all is well for you

Cocoa60

Aug-14

Morning Kitty.  Glad you are doing a little better.  Finished the two drainage ditches.  I have to build a small wall above the shorter one so dirt doesn't wash into it.

Have to get busy on undercoating my Subaru, August already.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-14

interesting day....back still not great but did go out and look at a house....disliked it intensely  gradual hill (but long) to the front door and then many steps to the door...full house two living rooms one in the front and one in the back of the house...kitchen in the middle and bedrooms at the other end with two baths....yard was nice and the deck.....but the downstairs was another full apartment....no need for that...looking at another tomorrow....don't want to settle but it seems to be taking a long time.....I guess I get impatient....

Cocoa60

Aug-15

Morning Kitty.  Hope you enjoy looking at the future homes.  Sounds like that one was large. 

I started building that small wall.  Had my grandson's birthday here last eve, always great to see them.

My wife and granddaughter got everything ready over the last couple days.  Didn't last that long, daughter had

to get home to take care of her chickens.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-15

still gimping along...but ok  looked at a house yesterday.....said a big fat no.....accessibility for older folks was pathetic....and I am sure that is why the older couple is selling it....today we will look for another and altho we want to buy and move we don't want to settle for less.....

Cocoa60

Aug-16

Morning Kitty.  Hope you get better soon so house hunting is more fun.  I didn't get started on any big projects yesterday.  Worked on the pool fence and mowed the lawn, 

Have to buy a couple loads of blocks and bring them back with my Subaru, probably on a week day.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-16

Good morning Ernie...yesterdays house was a big fat no.....needed so much work so a wasted trip and some disappointment.....we are so ready to get our stuff back from the pod and be in our own space....the back after the shots is "slightly" better and I was waiting for the miracle....today is a new day.....and I am smiling....have a good one.....