About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1332407 views.
Cocoa60

Aug-18

Morning Kitty.  Ok, wondered how you would be seeing so many homes that weren't what you wanted or needed.  At least you accumulated a lot of equity in Florida.

My brother sold the only farm tractor my dad bought new with the farm.  Would've liked to see him keep that.  Told his wife that before the sale but she is about 20 years

older than him and has lung cancer so more important things on her mind.  My brother doesn't remember conversations we have from one time to the next. 

At the farm house I heard a strange noise every time I walked by the stair case, thought it was a bee.  Looked closely and it was a bat backed into the corner.  Went and asked his wife if it was a pet or something and she told me to get it out.  They had seen it flying but were unable to catch it.  So I caught it between a kitty litter scoop and a spatula and took it outdoors.

I see he has an electrical outlet pulled out of the wall about a foot from where the bat stayed.  Will ask him next time if he pulled it out of the wall for the noise that bat made.  He has a lot of cats in there, surprised the bat survived so long.

Have a great day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-18

our realtor sends us pictures and floor plans of houses that are on the market...and if it looks interesting we ask to see it in person....and of course the pics are always much better then the house......memories are wonderful things and I agree about the tractor....you know how old I am and I have my grandmothers rocker....it is very special and it will be past on and kept in the family forever or until it falls apart....the bat is an occurrence..it has happened to us twice.....and at one home Brian put up a couple of bat houses and attracted them...(outside of course)..they do keep properties rodent free....have a good day...

Cocoa60

Aug-19

Morning Kitty.  I was the youngest and didn't know my grandparents.  I saw one of them alive but there were many of us kids and I don't think I ever had a conversation with her.  I remember my dad getting a bee nest out of her porch, that's about it.

It's very sad my dad's farm sold and much of the equipment.  They planted corn in all the fields this year.  They sell beef cows just like the only farm near our house here, probably organic.  I think that's about the only way a small farm can operate at a profit around here now.

I have a few things from my parents house.  I just got the old 1957 phone hooked up to a regular landline this year.  Was using it on a cable modem before but it doesn't work very well on that, can barely hear the person on the other end.  When I was a teenager people called their friends to let them know they were somewhere in town from a pay phone without paying.  If you yelled really loud they might hear you.  Didn't have a dime to spend, of course.

Have good times looking at homes.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-19

I can't imagine not having known  my grandparents....they were a big part of my life especially the maternal grands....we spent a whole summer living with them during WW11....as my Dad was in the army in Germany and my Mom worked a defense factory job.....that summer she worked two jobs and lived in a boarding house in the town where the factories were so that is why.....and the only thing I have from my parents home is their bedroom set.....today we are going back to look at the house we saw yesterday....we both liked it a lot....our daughter is going with us.....need a second opinion...I am ready....but now Brian saw another he wants to look at in person....

Susan1206

Aug-19

Good afternoon almost (Ernie and Kitty) and all of those who wander ~

A beautiful beautiful day here in Avon Lake.  Cool and sunny and just the way that it should be for the entire summer!  Gone is the high humidity and I couldn't be happier.

A busy week ~ a trip to the Zoo with my "tribe" to see the Asian Lantern presentation at the Cleveland Zoo.  

The kitchen project is complete and we will now take a break until September when the carpeting comes up in the living area and planked floor put in place.

Ordered a recumbent bike and hoping it will be an inspiration to a)lose a few pounds b)improve knee.

And on we go......masks and all.  Hugs

Cocoa60

Aug-20

Morning Susan.  It has cooled a little.  Still busy with projects but I need to take some time soon.  Have almost no miles on my bike or Monte SS for the year so far.  We did stop for a picnic and a visit to my dad's old farm last week.

I'm putting a coat of POR15 undercoating under my Subaru Baja but have to clean it and spray the metal etching on it first.  Did the clean yesterday.  Baja is an 06 I bought beginning of 07, when I stopped smoking and Cocoa was born. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Aug-20

Morning Kitty.  My dad was in WW2 but I wasn't born for another 10 years.  My parents hadn't met until my dad got out.  My dad was in D Day and some other battle.  He was married when he went in but his wife left him for someone else while in the war.

I went to my dad's fathers funeral but don't remember seeing him alive.  I was in 6th grade. 

I'm hoping to get a few more things from the farm before my brother lets it go.  His Diabetes is pretty bad, doesn't walk that well.

Hope you get a good quality home for a good price, the 3 of you should be able to manage it well.

Have a good day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-20

so your just a baby......smiley   we did make an offer on the house,,,,late yesterday so today we may be home owners...,hope so....and there is only two of us moving into it....daughter will stay here in her own home....will keep you posted.....

Cocoa60

Aug-21

Morning Kitty.  Hope you get what you want in a house. 

Weird and sad day yesterday.  A friend that used to live couple houses up from us died.  Her daughters and ours were the same age.  She did smoke all her life.

Then was looking for an obit and found out my wife's manager from a job she had for over a decade died, they were friends also.

It's difficult to grasp a day like that, people that were in our lives every day gone.

I'm still working on undercoating the Subaru, today should be the last step.

Brandy and I are walking about 8 miles in the morning now.

Have a good day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-21

well yesterday  we withdrew our offer on the house....we had asked for the mower and generator to be included in the offer that he had already stated he wanted...and we had liked the house enough to do that....he countered that he wanted 3 thousand for those two items....Brian researched and found that they could be replaced for 24 hundred....he was getting picky so we talked and decided that he was going to nickel and dime us.....so bye bye.....today we are looking at another one with more land and we think a better location....will keep you posted                   and you walk EIGHT miles?  wow....I am impressed......and so sorry about all your friends...it is bad enough to lose one without losing 3 in a short time....