About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1334219 views.
Kittyarnold

Sep-28

glad the "bones are good".....we had a small amount of rain last night...but Ct. is at high risk for wildfires......don't ever remember Ct being in that situation before...today is cloudy...hope it rains a lot more....no agenda for our day....maybe I can dream something up........

Cocoa60

Sep-29

Morning Kitty.  Got some grass seed in but need more.  Won't get it in before the rain.

Starting at 8 AM.  We will just barely get our walk in.  Half inch to two.

Closing on your house tomorrow and then back surgery, busy.

I'm away from doctors until blood test in January.  Trying to get my glucose readings down

without one of my expensive powerful meds, not there yet.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-29

good morning Ernie.....sorry you didn't have enough grass seed....and yes we are expecting rain and storms off and on all day...busy? yes....today errands and Brians skin Dr visit and tomorrow walk thru and closing...on the house....yesterday we bought a washer and dryer for our new home....won't be delivered until after the painting is done....have a good one....

Susan1206

Sep-29

Hi Kitty ~

An exciting day for you and Brian as you do a walk thru and closing.  Quite exciting!  I'm guessing that the fall leaves are turning colors in your area.  Very little color here.   Hoping that all of the rain that we had yesterday (badly needed) will reach you today.  Temperatures now and the rest of the week in the 50's and 60's.  Fall is in the air.

Corn stalks, pumpkin and burgundy mum plant in place.  Enjoy the day.

Susan

Susan1206

Sep-29

Hi Ernie...

58 degrees (feels like 56) according to the Weather Channel.  Much needed rain yesterday.....grateful for God's water.  

Working on bills and delaying flights....ugh......in addition to washing fall slacks.  What do they say?  Hmm.  A woman's work is never done!  Amen.  Often wish the laundry room was NOT on the second floor.  Knee greatly improved with a few rounds of Prednisone.  Can't stay on that for very long......so the pain is back.

Have a great day!  Fall is here for sure.   Susan

Susan1206

Sep-29

Hi Ernie ~

Not sure that my last message to you went through ~

Computer acting very sluggish.  I ran my Norton anti-virus program and came up with nothing.  I did a defragmenting program....just don't know... Computer getting older, just like me.

Glorious rain yesterday ~ hope it passed through your neck of the woods.

Susan

Cocoa60

Sep-30

Morning Kitty.  Finally closing your house, sounds like fun.

We got a speed queen last time for a washer, only one we could find with a agitator.  Around $850, I think.

Also has the manual controls so not so susceptible to lightning damage.

I bought more grass seed but will be a while before planting, everything is soaked from 20 hours of rain.

We had our grands here yesterday while our daughter went to NYC.  They grow so fast it seems now.  relaxed

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Sep-30

Morning Susan.  So your knee and computer both giving you problems, can only hope they get better.

I'm getting used to wearing jeans again, was a great Summer for shorts but seems to have ended.

Our walk is delayed this morn until 8 for rain.  I need to close the pool, might get that done today.

I got this pc in 2011.  Seems to do alright except for the fan roaring when the chips get to warm.  I installed

3 additional fans in it but still does it some.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-30

the walk thru went well.....right now the only thing on my mind is the surgery tomorrow.....the maples have turned beautiful yellows to orange with a peek of red here and there and now they are falling....the oaks however are still very green and are the last to fall....

Kittyarnold

Sep-30

the smallest speed queen was priced at over$1000 where we shopped....we bought one for $600    most of the models we were told will last 10 yrs...of course I remember when appliance lasted for 20 yrs or so....we had good rain and evidently high winds....I didn't hear the wind...many without power in Ct...but not us....