About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1384386 views.
Kittyarnold

Oct-6

PT scheduled for tomorrow afternoon   tough day today....was glad to be able to look out the window and see sun shining....

Cocoa60

Oct-7

Morning Kitty.  Hope you heal quickly. 

55 here this morn, much warmer than mornings lately.  Wind and rain here later.

Had our granddaughters birthday party here last night but I had to skip cake and ice cream.

Had a couple bites of pizza.

Hope for less pain for you today.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Oct-7

Morning Susan.  Our daughter brings over her border collie but Brandy doesn't like her much.

She nips at Brandy's legs if she gets a chance.  Hope she grows out of it at 2 or 3 years old.

Calm start to our day but windy and rainy after 10 or 11, Brandy and I will get our walk in at least.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-7

Feeling a lot stronger....a little less pain.....that is the best....today is the first shower since the surgery day.....LOL  and I have been "washing " myself so it sounds worse then it is...the hair getting washed is the best part....hope your day is well  temp here is 54 and the sun is shining.....

Susan1206

Oct-7

Hi Ernie ~
Our first dog was a Collie.  Typical of the breed, she would nip at your pants leg and herd the children and dining room table....  Hopefully, your daughter’s border collie will grow older and settle down.

Cloudy now but sun by this afternoon.

Paperwork today ~ have to begin looking at Medicare insurance plans for next year.   Complicated!

Susan

Susan1206

Oct-7

Dearest Kitty ~
Your news of feeling stronger today makes my heart very ?? Happy.    I’m reminded of the quote.... It’s the first day of the rest of your life!

Hoping that each day finds you walking more and doing more and more without pain.  Chronic pain can do one in, for sure!

Paperwork and a few calls today. Looking forward to the debate tonight.

Susan

Kittyarnold

Oct-7

We are taping the debate...not sure I will still be up   

Cocoa60

Oct-8

Morning Susan.  Our wind and rain is over, few days to dry out again.  Would be able to get some work done by Saturday but have the wedding to attend.

I just pick my medicare supplement from the menu.  Have a plan from where I worked.  Getting away from Aetna because they always wanted to do reviews with me.

Constantly calling and voice mail.  Had to block 50 numbers or so and blank out my voice mail.

Contacted others and they are happy with Excellus so will change to that.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Susan1206

Oct-8

Hi Ernie,

I’m going to try and compare Jim’s plan with my Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Since I am considering a knee replacement next year, I’m looking for the best coverage.  I think they all make it very confusing. Must compare apples to apples!

I cancelled the in-house visit that they had set up for me via phone.  They wanted a call between 1-5 pm for an hour    I find all of it a bit of invasion of my privacy   I see my PCP once a year for a complete physical....  too much government/via insurance companies information on all of us floating around out there!

On we go....a sunny day here!  Susan

Susan1206

Oct-8

Hi Kitty,

We ended up watching it ~ not as painful as the Presidential one last week.   TV just reported a few minutes ago, that the next one may be cancelled.   I will be happy when this is all over!

I hope you had a restful sleep.  Time for me to get moving... housework to tend to!

hugs, Susan.